More changes made to construction project
Additional changes have been made in the schedule of work to replace the heating and cooling systems. A PDF of the changes is available by clicking here.
Beginning either Monday or Tuesday (June 23 or 24), Lancaster Drive in the area between the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center and the CUB will be closed until at least July 21 for utility work in the roadway.
During this time everyone is encouraged to use Adams and Cumberland drives for access to and from PA 696. A detour will also be made available for travel around this area through the F/S Parking Lot 13 at the Luhrs Center. The detour will be well marked and include a temporary cut-through between the ShipRec lot and the Luhrs Center lot, as well as a temporary roadway at the corner of Lancaster Drive and the ShipRec Access Road. Motorists should reduce their travel speeds and use caution while using that detour.
Other updates include:
- To facilitate getting around campus, three pedestrian access points will be in place by Monday (June 23). They are between Reed Operations Center and Kriner Dining Hall, behind Shippen Hall on the quad side, and between Lehman Library and the Mathematics and Computing Technologies Center to enable access to Grove Hall and beyond.
- Franklin Science Lot F-1 is expected to close and excavation work there to begin the week of June 23.
- The Luhrs Center/Heiges Field House/ShipRec area is scheduled to open and return to use by Monday (June 23). This area will be used as part of the Lancaster Drive detour.
- Lehman Library Parking Lot F-9 remains closed and is projected to remain closed through the end of July.
- Restoration of the site at the Shippen Hall end of the Dauphin Humanities Center has started but fencing will remain in place until restoration work is complete. A pedestrian access point is being added in this area. Primary access to Dauphin continues to be through the main Dauphin/MCT entrance near the center of the buildings. The other exits continue to be marked for emergency use only.
- A fence closes off the area between Kriner and Old Main. The contractor anticipates closing off much of the quad between Memorial Auditorium, Shearer Hall, Huber Arts Center, Kriner, Stewart Hall and Old Main within the next few weeks.
- Vehicle access to Reed Operations Center continues to be via the parking lot by the tennis courts. A pedestrian access point is being opened to allow access from the Kriner side of the building.