What to do before coming to Orientation
We hope you are getting excited about the journey ahead--the beginning of your Shippensburg University experience. We are honored that you have selected our university. We are committed to creating a responsive learning environment to support your fullest potential for success. Ultimately, your success at Ship, or anywhere else, is your responsibility; however, there are many resources and people on campus who are here to help you along the way.
All journeys start by taking the first step and that first step at Ship is attending Orientation and being prepared when you do come to campus. We have developed the GPS site (Getting Prepared for Ship) to assist you in your preparation for orientation, especially for your course registration. When you leave orientation, you will have registered for your first semester at Ship, which also happens to be the most important semester of your college career.
STEP 1: Register for Orientation
Register for Orientation. Please log back into the Admissions Portal with your SU I.D. and PIN, then go to What’s Next and click on “Register for Orientation.” Pre-registration is required for this program. Orientation will occur June 14-28, 2013. Students will receive a completed SU I.D. card and must present a current valid photo I.D. in order to receive it.
Register for Placement Testing. While on the Admissions Portal, you can also Register for Placement Testing. The Placement Testing office will be in contact with you if you need to take any of the Placement Tests.
STEP 2: Get Prepared for Ship
The GPS – Getting Prepared for SHIP portal is designed to guide you to helpful information about registering for courses and answer some of the questions that you may have as you prepare to launch your SHIP experience. So, please take the time to explore the various components of the portal and to go back and review the items that may be most relevant for you.
GPS – Getting Prepared for SHIP Instructions
STEP 3: Log on to myShip:
- Open your web browser and go to https://my.ship.edu
- Enter your SHIP e-mail address and password and press “login” button
- Click on “Student”
The myShip student portal is a vital tool used to access all your academic information as well as your personal information and the many important university services. All dates, deadlines, and policies are listed as well. The following things need to be done before you come to campus in January.
- Housing: Click on the Shiplife tab and then follow the links listed under Myhousing. This is where you will enter your Housing Preferences if you plan to live on campus and complete the housing agreement.
- Paying for College: The Paying for College tab is the central location for information regarding your finances while at Shippensburg. This is where you can pay your bill, select your meal plan, and access all financial aid information.
- My Academics: View your class schedule, academic transcript, holds, advisor information and more. Our new program, My Degree Audit, will track your academic journey at Shippensburg and display your progress while at SHIP.
This is only a few of our services that we offer under myShip!
STEP 4: Complete Health Forms
You will receive a booklet of information from SHIP. Although you have already completed your initial confirmation, additional forms must be completed in order to continue the enrollment process. When receiving this booklet locate the following paper work and return them in the enclosed envelope. These must be completed or a hold will be placed on your record.
- Student Health Record. Complete your portion of the Student Health Record found on pages 5 and 6, and have your family physician complete the rest. Return the completed form to the director of the Health Center by August 1, 2013.
- Medical History and Consent Form. Complete this form on pages 7 and 8 and return to the director of the Health Center by August 1, 2013.
- Declaration of Disability. If applicable, complete and return the Declaration of Disability form on page 9 within 30 days of receipt.
Congratulations!! You are now officially ready to attend Shippensburg University! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the respective departments.
Important Contact Information
- Office of Financial Aid – (717) 477-1131
- Etter Health Center – (717) 477-1458
- Office of Admissions – (717) 477-1231
- Housing and Residence Life – (717) 477-1701
- Student Accounts – (717) 477-1211
- Placement Testing – (717) 477-1395
- Dining Services – (717) 477-1619
The Orientation Committee