Student Self-Service Banner Registration
- Sign in to Student Self Service.
• Go to https://ssb.ship.edu to access the login page.
• Sign in using Shippensburg University Email ID (in all lowercase) and email password.
• Click Login after entering Ship email and password.
- Click on the Student tab.
- To see the course schedule options look under Registration Tools.
- Select the option “Add or Drop Classes.”
The “Add or Drop Classes” option allows you to register for classes or drop classes for the semester that you choose. It will also show you the classes in which you are registered.
- Select Term.
- Add a course.
• Click the “Class Search” button at the bottom of the “Add or Drop Courses” page. Select the options and criteria by which to search courses, then click “Class Search.”
• Locate the course you want and check the open box next to the CRN. The letter “C” will appear when the course is closed.
Click a course’s CRN to view more information: when the course is being offered, the registration time for the course, and the instructor of the course. This also gives you option to view the catalog entry for the course and provides a link to view prerequisites and restrictions.
• Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the “Register” button.
* IMPORTANT- you must click on "Register" to finalize registration for the classes. If you do not click on "Register" you will not have actually registered for the classes you selected!
• Print a copy of your schedule before you log out.
- Log out of the session.
Close the window to ensure no one can use the back button to enter your record.
Common Add Course Errors
If you encounter a registration error, you would not be able to self-register for that course without obtaining permission and override from the appropriate office.
Student Detail Schedule
The student schedule will show you detailed information regarding the courses for which you are currently registered.
Week at a Glance
Week at a Glance option allows you to view what your course schedule looks like for the week with course days and times.
If you need additional assistance
Please call the Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education at (717) 477-1502.