Message from the Dean
Welcome tothe Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education Studies (PCDE) at Shippensburg University.
The Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education (PCDE) strives to provide access to quality educational opportunities through non-traditional learning experiences.
PCDE collaborates with the academic colleges to develop, administer, and support courses, certificates, and degrees that address the professional development, continuing education, and service needs of south-central Pennsylvania.The emphasis is on non-traditional students, including adult, part time students, and non-traditional learning experiences including off-campus locations, and the use of distance education technologies and accelerated formats.The Office provides faculty, departments, and colleges with the opportunity to initiate new programming outside the confines of standard resource limitations.The Office also serves as a bridge to the external community through a variety of outreach and service activities.
PCDE is guided by five core values:
- Access - provide educational opportunities through non-traditional learning experiences
- Relationships - provide personalized support to meet the unique needs of a diverse non-traditional student population, as well as faculty, staff, and external partners
- Innovation - serve as an incubator for new and customized programs to meet the needs of south-central Pennsylvania
- Stewardship - operate as a self-supporting unit and provide financial support to academic departments, colleges, and the University
- Engagement - partner with the external community, government agencies, and businesses to foster University growth
As educational needs ARISE, PCDE is here to help!
For more information about our programs and opportunitiescontact us via email at email@example.com or via the inquiry form, and follow us on Twitter @ShipPCDEor on Facebook/ShipPCDE.
Dr. Christina M. Sax
Dean, Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education Studies