PA Early Childhood Directors Credential
A fully online 9 - credit program designed for child care directors in Pennsylvania whose centers are enrolled in Pennsylvania STARS. Students take up to three courses from a selection of six courses.
Nine (9) credits, which may be taken on a graduate non-degree basis or as part of a Master of Education Degree in Curriculum and Instruction-Early Childhood Cluster.
Each student is responsible for submitting an application for a Director Credential directly to the Pennsylvania Keys to Quality program with the Office of Child Development and Early Learning. The Director Credential is awarded by the PA Key, not Shippensburg University. For more information: http://www.pages.org/pages/get.aspx?page=Career_Degrees
Interested in pursuing a Master of Education degree at Shippensburg University?
Courses taken as part of the Director Credential may be transferred directly into a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction-Early Childhood Cluster at Shippensburg University. Candidates must also meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education or human services or hold a Bachelor's degree in any other field, including 30 credit hours of early childhood education, child development, special education, elementary education, or human services.
- Have an undergraduate overall grade point average of at least 2.75 or an approved score on the Miller Analogies Test.
- Submit an application to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Provide official transcripts of all undergraduate/graduate work.
- Complete a questionnaire concerning teaching background and future goals.
- Submit three letters of reference.
- Appear for an interview and a planning review with department faculty.
For more information regarding the Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction-Early Childhood Cluster and course descriptions, see http://www.ship.edu/Academics/Programs/Graduate/Early_Childhood_Education.