Course for Human Services Professionals
Shippensburg University's Professional, Continuing and Distance Education offers human services professionals to advance their knowledge and application of key concepts within the human services system:
SWK640 Selected Topics: Human Sexuality for Human Service Professionals
Two Registration Options for Course:
- 3 graduate credits - $1647 (indicates rates for PA residents; includes tuition and fees; additional costs apply for books
- 20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) - $450 (additional costs apply for books)
SWK 640 Selected Topics: Human Sexuality for Human Service Professionals - Starts July 6
Post-Masters course for human service professionals interested in advancing their knowledge of human sexuality related topics.
Course will explore all different levels of practice and implications while covering topics of life span from adolescence to older adulthood.
Course Topics will include:
- Trauma and sexualization issues such as trafficking and sex work industry
- Diverse sexual behaviors and identities
- Affirmative practice interventions
- Reproductive and biological issues
Dr. Jayleen Galarza is a Certified Sex Therapist through the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists since 2011 with an MSW and a Master’s of Education in Human Sexuality and a Ph.D. in Human Sexuality from Widener University. She is an Assistant Professor at Shippensburg University.
July 6 - August 14 | Wednesdays
6:00 - 9:00 pm, with an online component
Dixon University Center - Harrisburg
Two registration options are available for this course
1. Take the course for 3 graduate credits: The cost is $1647 (indicates rates for PA residents; includes tuition and fees; additional costs apply for books). To start the registration process go to /pcde/non-degree/.
2. Take the course for 20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs): The cost is $450 (additional costs apply for books). To register go to http://register.ship.edu/wconnect/CourseStatus.awp?&course=PCD1081540.
For Additional Information and Questions
Contact Shippensburg University's Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education (PCDE) at 717-477-1502 or PCDE@ship.edu .
Shippensburg University has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional education for social workers, marriage and Family Therapist and Counselors by the Pennsylvania State Board of social workers, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors (Pa Code 47.34)