Leadership Residency Program
A ground-breaking training program for future public school educational leaders-
first of its kind in Pennsylvania!
The Leadership Residency Program at Shippensburg University will provide for a fully field-based series of six residencies that focus on key leadership competencies. This unique program is specifically designed for those interested in the Superintendent’s Letter of Eligibility and is tailored toward individuals coming from traditional educational programs as well as those seeking alternative pathways to executive level certification. Residencies are to be completed in a candidate’s home school district, are Act 45 approved, and include:
- Residency 1: District Governance and Community Relations
- Residency 2: Instructional and Technology Leadership
- Residency 3: Optimizing Financial Resources
- Residency 4: Ethical and Legal Decision Making
- Residency 5: Negotiations and Human Resources
- Residency 6: Facilities Management and Student Achievement
The entire residency program can be completed in about one year while candidates remain in their current positions. Each residency will be cosupervised by a university faculty member, a Leadership Fellow who is a practicing expert in the field and a district based facilitator/mentor.
The candidate selection process will be competitive. Only 6-8 candidates will be selected for the cohort planned for spring 2013.
For more information: e-mail Jerry Fowler, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Educational Leadership at email@example.com