Educational Leadership and Policy
Cohorts and Program Offerings
Admissions and Application Information
To be eligible for admission to the following programs, you must:
M.Ed. program in educational leadership:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Present an official transcript showing at least a 2.75 cumulative grade point average for your undergraduate studies.
- Have certification as a teacher and have completed at least two years of successful teaching experience in elementary, middle, or secondary schools (or have had other acceptable professional experience in education).
- Present two letters of recommendation on forms provided by the department, one from the chief school administrator in the school where you are currently teaching or recently have taught, and one from another school administrator.
Post-master's degree program leading to certification as a K-12 principal:
- Show a copy of your teaching certificate and evidence of three years of successful teaching experience at any grade level from K though 12.
- If you earned your master's degree from an institution other than Shippensburg University, you must provide an official transcript of your graduate and undergraduate studies,
- Provide a statement of purpose for seeking principal's certification, and
- Provide two letters of recommendation (one from an administrator in the school where you currently teach or recently have taught, and one from the chief school administrator).
Post-master's degree program leading to Supervisory I Certification in: communication/English, counseling, early childhood education, elementary education, environmental education, foreign languages, mathematics, pupil services, reading, science, social studies, and special education:
- Fulfill the same requirements listed immediately above, plus your master's degree must have an emphasis in a subject matter field or education specialist area.
Superintendent's Letter of Eligibility program:
- Present official undergraduate and graduate transcripts to the Office of Graduate Admissions (unless a master of education degree or certification has been earned from Shippensburg University).
- Possess a 3.0 average in all prior graduate work.
- Successfully complete an oral review after 6 credits if you have not received a master of education degree or certification in educational leadership from Shippensburg University.
- Complete a minimum of 15 credits with the Department of Educational Leadership & Policy.
- Provide two letters of reference on forms obtained from the department.
- Maintain "continuous enrollment," which shall be interpreted as a minimum of 6 graduate credits per year.