New Non-Degree Seeking Students
You may enroll in Shippensburg University classes without being a degree-seeking student as long as you meet the University’s academic requirements (as described in the undergraduate and graduate catalogs, have completed the prerequisite coursework for the particular course in which you would like to enroll, and are enrolling in a class that permits non-degree students to do so.
If a non-degree student wishes to matriculate and convert to degree-seeking status he/she must apply for admission to the University through the regular admission process.
Undergraduate Non-Degree Students
Shippensburg University, in fostering the concept of life-long learning, provides educational learning experiences for interested adults on a part-time basis. Undergraduate courses are available for high school graduates, or those who have achieved equivalency status, who wish to add to their specific area knowledge, to review or to improve certain skills, broaden their interests, advance their professional skills, or to transfer to another university.
A maximum of thirty (30) semester credits earned in non-degree status may be credited toward an undergraduate degree. Courses taken by post-baccalaureate non-degree students are not ordinarily transferable toward graduate degree requirements.
All prerequisite coursework requirements of degree-seeking students apply to non-degree seeking students.
Non-degree undergraduate students will be permitted to enroll in classes after Shippensburg University regularly admitted degree-seeking students have enrolled in classes.
Graduate Non-Degree Students
If you are planning to pursue a degree program you should not enroll as a non-degree student. While non-degree students may subsequently apply for a degree program, there is no assurance they will be admitted.
Academic departments at their discretion may approve a maximum of nine credit hours of course work (with grades of "B" or higher) taken in non-degree status to count toward the master's degree.
To View Shippensburg University Classes
To view the classes that Shippensburg University is offering in upcoming semesters, follow these steps:
- Go to https://ssb.ship.edu/prod/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched
- Click on Course Listing
- Click on the semester in which you are interested to search for classes
To Enroll In A Class
If you wish to enroll in a Shippensburg University class as a non-degree student, complete the following steps:
- Complete either the UNDERGRADUATE NON-DEGREE or GRADUATE NON-DEGREE online application at https://ssb.ship.edu/prod/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon In doing so you will need to set up a username and password – record this information as you will need it later to enroll in a class.
- Once you have completed the application, be sure to click SUBMIT or your application will not be processed.
- Your application will be reviewed and processed within 2 business days.
- Once your application has been processed, you will receive directions for enrolling in a course at the email address you provided in your application.
Tuition, Fees, Bills, Refunds, Employer Payments
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and refund and withdraw policies are posted at: http://www.ship.edu/Student_Accounts.
For information about applying for financial assistance from your employer to pay your tuition and/or fees, please be sure to review the necessary form at: https://www.ship.edu/Student_Accounts/Forms.
For additional information or for assistance
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education at 717-477-1502.