Campus Based Scholarships (2-4 year)
scholarships are offered to students who were not offered or did not
apply for the High School ROTC Scholarship or Green to Gold program.
These scholarships are extremely limited and may range in length from
2-4 years. Scholarships pay for full tuition and mandatory fees, for
both resident and non-resident students. Scholarship awardees also
receive a book allowance and a tax-free monthly stipend to defray the
cost of living. Applications can be submitted year round to the
Department of Military Science.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not reach 27 years of age by June 30 of the year you will graduate from college
- If you are taking or have
taken college courses you must be considered an academic sophomore
for the 3-Year and an academic junior for the 2-year Scholarship, and
have the same number of years remaining for a baccalaureate degree
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Satisfactory explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction
- Have no moral or personal conviction against bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
advancing to further scholarship consideration are scheduled for a
medical examination and a personal interview. See above.
If you are selected for a ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract with the Secretary of the Army.
- Attend a 5-week Leadership Development and Assessment Course (AKA Warrior Forge) between your Junior and Senior Year.
- Accept a Commission to serve on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve in the military for a period of 8 years. This may be fulfilled by one of the following:
- Serving active duty, if selected,
for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the Inactive Ready
Reserve(IRR)/National Guard/Army Reserves. You may elect to serve 8
years or longer on active duty, but only the first 4 are required.
Terms of obligation begin at the time of commissioning.
- Serve 8 years in the National
Guard/Army Reserves,that includes a 3-6 month active duty term for
initial training. Terms of obligation begin at time of commissioning.
Spring 2017 ROTC Enrollment
Thru January 30, 2017
Current Ship sophomores can get started in ROTC
now--even if you didn't take it last Fall or last year! The
Military Science 232 class has no prerequisites and
gives you 2 credits towards elective. Ask your advisor to
to add the class or contact us for more info.
Contemporary Military Issues Course Open
Thru January 30, 2017
Military Science 399 (Selected Topics: Contemporary
Military Issues) enrollment is now open for all Ship students.
This 3 credit elective will look at historic US military actions
through the lens of current Army doctrine.
Cadet For A Day
April 27, 2017
9am - 5pm at Shippensburg University
High school Juniors and Seniors spend a day
shadowing one of our cadets through a normal
college day--including ROTC class.
Online registration opens March 1, 2017
Dr. Joseph Hasper
ROTC Enrollment Officer
Wright Hall 207
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
For pay, contract, and travel issues contact:
Mr. Byron Stouffer
Wright Hall 206
For uniform or equipment issues contact:
Mr. Rodney Oberbroeckling
Wright Hall 018