National High School Scholarship
Focus On Your Studies, Not How You'll Pay For Them
Current high school seniors and soon-to-be seniors can apply for an ROTC scholarship at one of over 1100 colleges across the country. The process starts by filling out an online application at the Go Army website.
The application window is open from June of your junior year through January 11 of your senior year.
After filling out the online portion, you will be asked to send a copy of your high school transcripts and test scores (ACT or SAT) to Cadet Command at Ft. Knox, KY. You will also take a physical fitness assessment at your school, which consists of 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of situps, and a 1 mile run. Finally, you will have a personal interview with an ROTC Professor of Military Science.
Scholarship selections are made in October, January, and March by a board of officers at Ft. Knox, KY. If you are offered a scholarship you will be notified in writing through the US mail.
- Full tuition and fees (either in-state or out-of-state) OR Room and Board
- Can be used in conjunction with other scholarships
- $1200 per year book allowance
- Monthly allowance of $300-$500 while attending class
- Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army upon graduation, with service in the Active Duty Army, Army Reserves, or Army National Guard
- Marketable leadership skills and experience
- US Citizen
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 920 (math/verbal) on the SAT or 19 (excluding the required writing test scores) on the ACT
- Meet Department of Defense physical fitness standards
- Agree to serve as a commissioned officer after graduation
Eight year service commitment, which can be served in the following ways:
- At least four years on Active Duty, with the remainder served as a part-time officer in the National Guard or Army Reserves
- At least four years on Active Duty, with the remainder served in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR)
- Eight years of part-time service in the Army Reserves or Army National Guard
Spring 2017 ROTC Enrollment
Thru January 30, 2017
Current Ship sophomores can get started in ROTC
now--even if you didn't take it last Fall or last year! The
Military Science 232 class has no prerequisites and
gives you 2 credits towards elective. Ask your advisor to
to add the class or contact us for more info.
Contemporary Military Issues Course Open
Thru January 30, 2017
Military Science 399 (Selected Topics: Contemporary
Military Issues) enrollment is now open for all Ship students.
This 3 credit elective will look at historic US military actions
through the lens of current Army doctrine.
Cadet For A Day
April 27, 2017
9am - 5pm at Shippensburg University
High school Juniors and Seniors spend a day
shadowing one of our cadets through a normal
college day--including ROTC class.
Online registration opens March 1, 2017
Dr. Joseph Hasper
ROTC Enrollment Officer
Wright Hall 207
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
For pay, contract, and travel issues contact:
Mr. Byron Stouffer
Wright Hall 206
For uniform or equipment issues contact:
Mr. Rodney Oberbroeckling
Wright Hall 018