SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY RECREATION
The Recreation Department is committed to providing a variety of structured opportunities to the University Community. The department offers individuals the opportunity to develop personally through involvement with Intramural Sports, Club Sports, Group Fitness, and Aquatics.
For more information about recreational opportunities at Shippensburg University call (717) 477-1755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHIPPENSBURG UNIVERSITY REC CENTER (ShipRec):
ShipRec provides the following amenities to the University Community:
- Cardio/Strength Area: ( MAP)
- 35 cardiovascular machines with individual televisions
- Cybex Eagle Circuit, Cybex Modular Cable Crossover, Power Lift Stations, Free Weights
- 4 multi-purpose courts for volleyball, basketball, and racquet sports
- 1,800 square foot group fitness studio
- Elevated running track
- Racquetball and squash courts
- Day lockers and locker rooms
Undergraduate students enrolled in an on-campus class during the current semester are billed a rec fee and are considered members of ShipRec. Access eligibility requirements for other individuals may be found in the 2015 - 2016 ShipRec Membership Brochure.
Members are eligible to sponsor a guest. Please review the ShipRec Guest Pass Policy.
RECREATION HOTLINE: 477-1561
CALL THE REC HOTLINE FOR FACILITY SCHEDULES AND PROGRAM INFORMATION:
Prompt #1: Hours of operation for ShipRec and Heiges Field House Pool
Prompt #2: Lighting schedule for Student Recreation Complex and Tennis Courts
Prompt #3: Schedule of intramural games and officiating assignments
Prompt #4: Club Sport list and information
Prompt #5: Group fitness class schedule
SHIPREC PHONE NUMBERS:
Campus extensions may be dialed directly. Extensions beginning with "3" or "5", require off-campus callers to dial 717-477-1123 to select the extension.
- ShipRec Entrance Desk: x3750
- ShipRec Cardio/Strength Desk: x3751
- Recreation Office: x1755