Do you have an entrepreneurial idea?
Service, social, product, "app" and "experience" ideas welcome
Winners of 2014 Ship Tank: Rite of Kings ($200),
HAP ($300) & HelpJustInTime.org ($500)
About Ship Tank
Ship Tank is
pitch contest endorsed by the Activities Program Board as a way to foster
entrepreneurial thinking within the Shippensburg University student body. Ship Tank will be held on April 13, 2015 and will be open to the
SU Student Teams will compete to win $500,
$300 and $200 for their business idea pitch before a panel of University and
community judges and audience.
also be prizes for audience participation, free Rita’s Italian Ice, popcorn and
drink. We hope you will join us either
by registering to be part of our competition or attending as a member of the
audience. Don’t forget, our audience votes for the Student Choice Awards of
$100 and $50… so come support your favorite Ship Tank team!
Ship Tank is a joint event between
the Small Business Development Center and the SU Activities Program Board,
sponsored by F&M Trust. A special
thank you to Joshua Rudley (’14) for coming up with the name SHIP TANK.
- A pitch competition for Shippensburg University
student teams of 1-3 people (at least one SU student per team).
- Winners will win no-strings-attached CASH PRIZES of up
BUSINESS PLAN REQUIRED (just a written summary of your idea)*
How to Enter & What to Expect
- Register your Intent to
Compete by filling out the form CLICK HERE (link)
by February 27, 2015.
- Ideas should be new, appropriate and complete.
- Teams will be required to attend “Casting Call”
session with the SHIP TANK Program team where they will give a short pitch as a
screening session to move forward in the contest.
“Casting Call” dates are:
Monday, March 2
Wednesday, March 4
Monday, March 9 (if needed to make cuts)
- Finalist teams will have opportunities to meet
with the Ship Tank Program team to get assistance with their pitch between the
dates of March 12 and April 7 (dates to
- Final pitch written summary (detail will follow)
will be due to the SHIP TANK Coordinator via email ( email@example.com ) by Tuesday, April 7, with a final “dress” rehearsal on Wednesday, April 8.
- Finalist teams will present a pitch for their
start-up business idea in 3 minutes, with a maximum of 3 slides and a 2 minute
Q&A, during a final event to an audience and panel of Shippensburg
University “celebrity” judges on Monday,
April 13 at 7:00 pm in the CUB Multipurpose Room.
Judges will be looking for the following in the final pitch presentation and Q & A:
- Clear explanation of product/services/experiences and the problem or want it addresses
- How their idea is unique
- Brief idea of market opportunity and ability of product/service/experience to penetrate that market
- An idea of how their venture will compete in the market
- Thought given to how they plan on approaching financing of their venture
- How they realistically see their venture performing across 5 years
- Entertainment value
Ship Tank is for entertainment purposes, but is a good way to get your entrepreneurial idea formed and in front of the public. It is also a good way to win CASH PRIZES OF UP TO $500!!!! Sign up HERE today!
Click here for a more detailed description of the SU Ship Tank Event
| || || |
Contact Elizabeth Orseno, Ship Tank Coordinator,
at x1430 or SBDC@ship.edu with ANY questions.
* Serious small business entrepreneurs may choose to develop a business plan to enter in the 2015 Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Business Plan Competition. Email the SBDC for more details.