Shippensburg University Pitch Contest
Register Intent to Compete
About Ship Tank
Do you have an entrepreneurial idea?
Service, social, product, "app" and "experience" ideas welcome
The Entrepreneurial Leadership Center at Shippensburg University and the Activities Program Board endorse the Ship Tank pitch contest as a way to foster entrepreneurial thinking within the Shippensburg University student body. Ship Tank will be held on Monday - April 14, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. in the CUB multipurpose room and will be open to the public.
will receive tickets for door prizes and free food. We hope you will join us either by
registering to be part of our competition or as a member of the audience.
Ship Tank is a joint event between the Entrepreneurial Leadership Center and SU Activities Program Board sponsored by F & M Trust. A special thank you to Joshua Rudley ('14) for coming up with the name Ship Tank.
- A pitch competition for Shippensburg University student teams of 1-3 people (at least one SU student per team).
- Winners will win no-strings-attached CASH PRIZES of up to $500.00!!
- NO BUSINESS PLAN REQUIRED (just a summary of your idea) *
How to Enter & What to Expect
- Register your Intent to Compete by filling out the form CLICK HERE by March 1, 2014.
- Ideas should be new, appropriate and complete.
- Teams will be required to attend "Casting Call" session with the ELC team where they will give a short pitch to be chosen as finalists. "Casting Call" dates are:
Thursday, March 6
Tuesday, March 11
- Finalist teams will have opportunities to meet with members of the ELC to get assistance with their pitch between the dates of March 12 and April 7.
- Final pitch summary (detail will follow) will be due to the ELC via email by Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- Finalist teams will present a pitch for their start-up business idea in 3 minutes, with a maximum of 3 slides and a 2 minute Q & A, during a final event to an audience and panel of Shippensburg University "celebrity" judges on Monday, April 14.
Judges will be looking for the following in the final pitch presentation and Q & A:
- Clear explanation of product/services/experiences and the problem or want it addresses
- How their idea is unique
- Brief idea of market opportunuty and ability of product/service/experience to penetrate that market
- An idea of how their venture will compete in the market
- Thought given to how they plan on approaching financing of their venture
- How they realistically see their venture performing across 5 years
- Entertainment value
Ship Tank is for entertainment purposes, but is a good way to get your entrepreneurial idea formed and in front of the public. It is also a good way to win CASH PRIZES OF UP TO $500!!!! Sign up HERE today!
Click here for a more detailed description of the SU Ship Tank Event
| || |
Contact Elizabeth Orseno, Ship Tank Coordinator, the ELC at x1430 or firstname.lastname@example.org with ANY questions.
The ELC is located in 405 Grove Hall.
* Serious small business entrepreneurs may choose to develop a business plan to enter in the 2014-15 Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education Business Plan Competition. Email the ELC for more details.