This is a 30-credit program and is designed for both full and part-time students. Core Courses will be offered on campus and at the Dixon Center in Harrisburg. Course sequences are flexible and core courses have no prerequisites.
Core Courses (12 Credits)
- SOC550 Leadership Theory and Practice
- SOC560 Leadership, Change and Innovation
- PLS501 Organizational Theory and Behavior
- PLS601 Research Methods
Recommend taking after completing 18-21 credits.
- SOC570 Applied Leadership and Organizational Analysis (3 credits) (has prerequisites)
- SOC609 Internship (within concentration area, 3 credits)
Concentration (12 Credits)
- Educational Administration
- Environmental Management
- Higher Education
- Historical Administration
- Individual & Organizational Development
- Public Organizations
- Social Structures & Organization
Capstone Experience 6 credits (includes an internship).
- All students must fulfill the capstone experience that requires completion of a 3 credit internship in some administrative capacity within their concentration area. The internship will be simultaneous with the Applied Leadership and Organizational Analysis course (3 credits) where students will conduct an organizational analysis project.
Applicants must meet the standards for admission established by the School of Graduate Studies.
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. If GPA is below 2.75, an interview is required.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
- a current résumé
- a personal goals statement, usually one page single-spaced explaining your personal and/or professional goals for the program
- an undergraduate transcript
- requisite application fee.
Other courses in concentrations may be approved by Program Coordinator.