NVivo qualitative data analysis software is now available for campus faculty, staff and students for use both on campus and for home/personal devices.
Using NVivo on campus
NVivo is available in the following campus computer labs for student use:
- Grove Hall 106/108
- Library Lab 112
- Library Laptops
- Library Reference Area
- MCT 054 (Public Lab - 24 hours)
- Shippen Hall 240
Faculty/staff can install NVivo on office and departmental PCs or Macs by following these instructions:
- Click on the Start Menu and go to Programs. Click on Microsoft System Center > Software Center.
- Select NVivo from the list, and click INSTALL.
- Within a few moments, you'll receive a notification that files are being downloaded/installed in the background. NVivo will be ready to use as soon as you receive a message stating that NVivo has been installed. Note that installation can take up to 15-20 minutes before completed.
Remote assistance for installing NVivo for Mac is available by calling the Technology Help Desk at 717-477-HELP (x4357).
NVivo for home/personal computers
NVivo is also available for installation on home/personal PCs and Macs for all campus faculty, staff, and students. To install NVivo on a personal device, follow these simple instructions to download:
- Click on the link below to download the appropriate version of NVivo for your operating system. When prompted for a username and password, type your Ship e-mail address and password.
NVivo 12 for Windows (32-bit)
.ZIP File - 389 MB
NVivo 12 for Windows (64-bit)
.ZIP File - 366 MB
NVivo 12 for Mac OS X
.ZIP File - 551 MB
- After the file is downloaded, double-click on it to open the zip file. Then, double-click on the NVivo installation file to begin the setup process.
- Follow the installation instructions presented on screen. No changes to the installation options are necessary in most cases. The installation process can take up to 10-20 minutes to complete.
- When installation is complete, run the NVivo software by clicking on the desktop icon (or in the Applications folder on macOS).
- You will be prompted to enter an NVivo license key to activate the software. The license key can be found in the .ZIP file you downloaded earlier. Open the text file called "License Key.txt" and copy/paste the license key into the activation window. Enter all other requested information to activate your license.
Assistance with installing or activating NVivo is provided by the Technology Help Desk. Please call 717-477-HELP (x4357) if you have questions or need guidance in installing NVivo. You can also e-mail the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.