Jump to Footer
Placement Testing Procedures
- Arrival: Plan to arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to your testing time to sign in, obtain a parking pass, and receive testing instructions as testing starts promptly at your testing time.
- What to Bring: You must bring a photo ID, Initial Placement Testing Notification Email with your SAT/ACT scores (indicating what placement tests you need), and know your Shippensburg University ID number, Ship email address and password.
- Timing: Math and English (Writing) placement tests are untimed. The Townsend Press Reading Challenge test has a maximum time limit of 50 minutes (extended time must be preapproved - please contact Melissa Murphy).
- Test Materials: We will provide all necessary testing materials. Calculators are NOT permitted.
- Test Results: You will receive your Math (and Reading) results immediately after testing. Results will then be explained by the Testing Center staff. If further clarification is necessary, contact Melissa Murphy for a more thorough explanation. For students taking the English (Writing) placement test, the student’s placement will be displayed on their MyShip account under my Test Scores once the English department determines an appropriate placement.