Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs
Get a Written Answer to Your Question
- Go to
- On the left hand menu, click on "Questions and Answers"
- Click on "Ask a Question & Find an Answer
- Click on the "Ask a Question" tab
- Enter your e-mail address, select your benefit chapter, and enter your subject.
- Type in your question. Be sure to include your full name and social security number or file number in the body of your message. Provide facts and be specific with your question.
- Expect a written reply in three to five working days.
Use the toll-free number 1-888-GI BILL 1 or 1-888-442-4551*
- Press 1 if you have a touch tone phone
- Press 1 for information on your MGIB-Active Duty or Selected Reserve Benefit.
- Press 1 for the amount of your last payment and the date it was processed.
- Press 2 for the date the VA mailed your monthly certification form (If mailed)
- Press 3 for the date the VA processed your last monthly certification of enrollment
- Press 4 for general information on your last education award
- Press 2 for general information on other education benefits
- Press 3 to find out how to apply for benefits or where to send your application
(*Note: Do Not use this number to verify enrollment. Use WAVE or call 1-877-823-2378)
- Submit Monthly Verification of Enrollment
- Report a Change in Enrollment (You must also notify the school)
- Change your mailing address
- Change your Direct Deposit
- View your current benefit information
- Sign up for monthly reminder messages
- Determine if your paperwork is pending (Coming Soon)