Montgomery GI Bill®:
- MGIB - Selected Reserves Chapter 1606
- Enlist or reenlist for 6 years after July 1, 1985.
- Complete IADT and possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- Eligibility established by a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)(DD Form 2384)
- Serve in a drilling unit in good standing.
- If deployed, may be able to use Chapter 1606 upon separation for the number of days deployed plus four months.
- MGIB - Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) Chapter 1607
- Meet eligibility requirements of Chapter 1606 and
- Were called to active duty for 90 continuous days or more on or after 09/11/2001 for a contingency operation as defined by DOD or DHS.
- Eligibility established by an Active Duty DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty.
- May be used while in a drilling status and for 10 years from date of discharge.
- MGIB - Active Duty Chapter 30
- Former Active Duty veterans who join the National Guard may use their Chapter 30 benefits while in the Guard.
- If deployed with the Guard for 90 days or more will receive a new 10-year delimiting date.
- Each chapter provides 36 months of education benefit at the full-time rate.
- Benefits extended if you are less than full-time.
- Chapter benefits may be combined not to exceed 48 total months of benefit.
- Veterans should determine the best use of their benefits to maximize the amount of benefit payments over the course of their education.
- Eligibility and delimiting dates determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Application for Benefits:
- Initial Application:
- VA Form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)(DD 2364) for Chapter 1606
- Certificate of Release or Discharge (DD 214) for Chapter 30 and 1607
- Copy of any "kicker" forms
- Subsequent Application:
- VA Form 22-1995, Change of Program or Place of Training
- Certificate of Release or Discharge (DD 214) for Chapter 1607
Veteran's Service Office
Old Main-Rm 210
MAJ Bill Lloyd
U.S. Army ROTC
Wright Hall-Rm 204