Pennsylvania National Guard Education Assistance Program (EAP)
- Enlist or re-enlist for six (6) years.
- Complete Basic Training.
- Serve in a drilling National Guard Unit and remain in good standing.
- Pennsylvania Resident.
- Eligibility established by completing EAP Form 1 and PHEAA Promissory Note.
- Full-time student (12 credits/semester or more): Pays 100% of tuition up to the SSHE cost.
- Part-time student w/o Bachelor's degree (3-11 credits/semester): Pays 100% of tuition up to funding cap.
- Part-time student w/Bachelor's degree (3-11 credits/semester): Pays 50% of tuition up to funding cap.
- Full and Part-time students may apply for Federal Tuition Assistance in addition to EAP
- Application for Benefits
- Complete EAP Form 2 at your unit of assignment for each academic year.
- Students attending summer fall, and spring semesters must complete EAP Form 2 not later than April 30.
- Students attending fall and spring semesters must complete EAP Form 2 not later than June 30 each year.
- Students attending more than one school in an academic year should indicate both schools on the EAP Form 2.
- Recommend you make and keep a copy of your EAP Form 2 for future reference.
- Notify the Military and Veterans Affairs Office at SHIP each semester you expect to receive EAP.
- Change of school, change of enrollment, or change of address must be submitted on EAP Form 3.
- 30 May - Summer semester only or Summer, Fall and Spring - applications for Summer received after 15 August will not be funded.
- 30 June - Fall only or Fall/Spring or Spring only (for the academic year 1 July thru 30 Jun)
(Applications will be accepted after 30 June ONLY when funding permits)
- At no time will applications be accepted for the 2009-2010 academic year after 15 January 2010. This program does not allow payment for previous years.
- Applications received by 30 May
SUMMER - Mid July
- Applications received by 30 June
FALL - Mid September
SPRING - Mid January
ADJUSTMENTS - Mid April