The Vagina Monologues

 A picture of Eve EnslerV20 - Rise, Resist, Unite What it Means in 2018:

2018 is the 20th Anniversary of The Vagina Monologues and V-Day, founded by Eve Ensler.  The Vagina Monologues shattered taboos, sharing the stories of women as they had never been told before.  This is the 15th year that The Vagina Monologues have been sponsored on campus by the Women's Center.  Twenty years ago, Eve Ensler's play The Vagina Monologues gave birth to V-Day, a global activist movement to end violence against all women and girls (cisgender, transgender, and gender non-conforming), bringing widespread attention to issues of harassment, rape, battery, incest, female genital mutilation, and sex slavery.

Today, the movement - and the V-Day activists at its core - is more active than ever, producing art for social change, activating communities & colleges, increasing consciousness, unifying and strenghtening existing anti-violence efforts, and raising crucial funds for rape crisis shelters, domestic violence shelters, local programs for trans youth at risk of sexual violence, for immigrant women and girls, and so many more reflecting the needs of their communities.  V-Day activists have leveraged the power of art and activism to a scale never seen before.  We have so many victories to celebrate and yet we find ourselves in a moment defined in so many ways by rampant racist patriarchy, fascism, xenophobia and hate.

90% of the proceeds from this benefit goes to charity, the remaining 10% is used to support production costs.

Proceeds benefit YWCA Sexual Assault / Rape Crisis Services of Cumberland County.
For more information on V-Day visit www.vday.org

 

Tickets sales: 

Students $3 in advance and $5 at the door. 
Faculty/Staff/Community $8 in advance and $10 at the door.
No Credit Cards Accepted

Tickets are now on sale in the CUB at different times and in the Women's Center every day from 8:30 am - 4:00 pm until February 15th (Horton Hall 132).


Dates:

The program is February 15, 16, and 17th at the Memorial Auditorium at 8:00 pm

 
 

                                          The Vagina Monologues        

The Vagina Monologues 2016