Events 

April is Sexual Violence Awareness Month. 

spacer image

Follow Us

  twitter logo 
Follow us on Twitter:  WomensCenterSU. 

Let us know how you feel about what is going on.  Share with your friends.

spacer image

Contact Us

Women's Center
132 Horton Hall
(717) 477-1790
wmscentr@ship.edu
 

spacer image

Hours

Women's Center Offices
Monday-Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Women's Center Lounge
Call us ( 717) 477-1790 to reserve the lounge.

spacer image

The Vagina Monologues

On February 20, 21 and 22nd of 2014 Shippensburg University will present the11th  annual performance of "The Vagina Monologues".  It will start at 8:00pm at the Memorial Auditorium.  Advanced tickets will be sold in the Women's Center, Horton Hall 132 starting February 1st.  Students are $3, Faculty/Staff/Community $8.  At the door tickets:  Students $5, Faculty/Staff/Community $10. 

The award winning epidsodic play by Eve Ensler has been sponsored on campus by the Women's Center since 2004.  90% of the proceeds from this benefit performance goes to charity, the remaining 10% is used to support production costs..  "The Vagina Monologues" is part of V-day International's global movement to end violence against women and girls.

For More information about Vday, visit: www.vday.org 

About Vday: 

V-Day is a global movement to end violence against women and girls that raises funds and awareness through benefit productions of Playwright/Founder Eve Ensler's award-winning play "The Vagina Monologues."

In 2001, V-Day was named one of Worth Magazine's "100 Best Charities" and in 2006 one of Marie Claire Magazine's Top Ten Charities. In ten years, the V-Day movement has raised over $70 million.

In Africa, the Middle East, and Asia, V-Day commits ongoing support to build movements and anti-violence networks. Working with local organizations, V-Day provided funding that helped open the first shelters for women in Egypt and Iraq, sponsored annual workshops and three national campaigns in Afghanistan, convened the "Confronting Violence" conference of South Asian women leaders,and donated satellite-phones and donated satellite-phone and donated satellite-phones to Afghan women to keep lines of communication open and action plans moving forward. Through the Karama program based out of Cairo, V-Day works in-depth to build networks ending violence

Eve Ensler 

against women and girls in Egypt, Sudan, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon. 

For More Information visit www.vday.org