Paperless Leave Request and Approval Process Using the Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.
Here's how it works:
1. An employee wishing to request leave logs on to the ESS portal at https://portal.passhe.edu/irj/portal You can also access the ESS portal from the Ship homepage by clicking on the “My Info” tab and select “Employee Self-Service Portal (PASSHE)”
2. Select ‘Employee Self-Service Portal (PASSHE)”
3. Select “Leave and Time.” Here you can display your leave balances, absences, or request leave.
4. Select “Employee Leave Request.” You can create a new request, view status of submitted requests, or cancel a leave request.
5. Select leave type, start and end date, & start and end time.
6. Add remarks if you want. Click “Calculate Hours.” It won’t let you request leave that you don’t have or aren’t going to anticipate.
7. If you make a mistake or change your plans after the leave has been submitted, cancel the leave request and submit a new one.
8. An email is sent to the supervisor informing them that a leave request has been submitted. The supervisor clicks on the ESS link, logs in,and is taken automatically to the Business Workplace Inbox. Choose the leave request you want to approve/disapprove by clicking the blue box to the left of the name. Click on “Display In box Item.” Approve or disapprove the leave request.
9. The Inbox will automatically refresh in about 10 seconds.
10. The employee automatically receives an email confirmation.
11. The leave request remains in the supervisor’s inbox for 7 days. If not approved or disapproved within 7 days, it is returned to the employee. Supervisors: If you will be out of the office for a week or more, contact HR to arrange for a backup to approve leave for your staff in your absence.
12. Supervisors: You should receive paperless leave requests only from your staff. If you inadvertently receive a leave request from an employee who doesn’t report to you, please contact HR ext. 1124.
13. Supervisors: Please make this information available to your staff who do not access their email regularly.
- Covid 19 Update for Employee
- Equity, Inclusion and Compliance
- Faculty-Staff Payroll
- Student Payroll
- Camps & Conferences Payroll
- Benefits [PASSHE]
- Holiday Schedule
- Employee Discounts
- Appraisal Forms
- PASSHE Academy
- State Employee Assistance Program (SEAP) [PASSHE]
- Tuition Waiver
- Professional Growth & Development