Cisco Jabber allows you to use your computer or a mobile device to instant message, place voice and video calls using your Ship assigned telephone number.
Here are just some of the features available to you when using Jabber.
- Softphone - place and receive calls directly from your PC, Mac or mobile device.
- Presence - the Cisco Jabber client gives you presence visibility to know if your contacts are available, away, or in a meeting.
- Video Conferencing - place ad hoc video calls when in a chat or softphone conversation with your university colleagues (Note: Zoom is the primary video conferencing tool for university faculty/staff)
- Forward Calls - set Call Forwarding remotely through Cisco Jabber. (Settings > Call Forwarding > New Number)
If you are downloading Jabber to a university laptop and are prompted for an administrator password, please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a phone number where you can be reached for assistance.
To get started, you’ll need to download and install the Jabber application. Select your platform.
- Download Jabber for Windows
- Download Jabber for Mac
- Download Jabber for iOS (iPhone or iPad)
- Download Jabber for Android
Email email@example.com if you have any issues connecting or technical issues. Include a phone number where you can be reached for assistance.