Work-study programs and graduate assistantships provide part-time
jobs on campus, and they are a great way to earn money to supplement or
even take the place of loans. We post all available positions on the Ship Career Connection. To access it, follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.ship.edu/career
- Under Ship Career Connection, click Current Students (Login using the MyShip Portal)
- Click My Profile to build your Personal and Academic information, view all features of the system, and apply for positions
To apply for on-campus student employment, you must upload a resume
into Ship Career Connection. We have all kinds of useful information
and resources to assist you with this process. For assistance with the
Ship Career Connection or in developing your resume, contact the Career
Center at 717-477-1484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) as part of your financial aid package, you may apply for any
open position on campus (both those listed as FWS and those listed as
On-Campus Student Employment). If you were not awarded FWS, you may only
apply for positions listed as On-Campus Student Employment. FWS
recipients who have not found a position on campus should schedule an
appointment regarding job placement with the FWS coordinator in the
Financial Aid Office.
While a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be
filed for FWS, it is not required for On-Campus Student Employment
positions funded by Ship.
In just four simple steps, you can start paying your way through school.
- Apply for, interview, and accept position
- Submit completed Work Authorization Form, I-9, and W-4 to your supervisor
- Supervisor submits completed paperwork to Financial Aid and other offices
- Create a work schedule and begin working
Find out more about Ship’s Academic Calendar, FAFSA, and How to Pay for College.