Congratulations, you’re accepted to Shippensburg University!
Your enrollment at Ship marks a new beginning for you. Make sure you
go through our New Student Checklist to become “Ship Bound.” Here’s how
to accept our offer of admission.
Step #1: Log In to the Portal
- Go to ssb.ship.edu/admissions/ and click on “Check My Status.”
- Enter your Login ID, which is the SU ID# beginning with “600”
found on your acceptance letter. Information regarding your PIN is also
found on your acceptance letter.
- Disable all pop-up blockers to process your credit card payment in Step #2.
- Click “Login.”
Step #2: Confirm Your Acceptance
- Click the “Confirm Your Acceptance to Ship” button. A new window
opens that prompts you to pay a $100 deposit. (Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, and American Express are accepted. A 2.5% non-refundable
convenience fee will be charged. There is no fee for payment by
Step #3: Confirm Your Housing Agreement or Exemption
- Select "myHousing" to open a new window and choose a Housing
Agreement or Commuter Agreement. If you choose the Housing Agreement,
you will be prompted to pay a $200 deposit and select housing
Step #4: Activate Your Ship E-mail Account
- Click on “Activate your Ship E-mail Address.” A new window opens
that prompts you to set a password for your official Shippensburg
University e-mail address. You cannot send or receive e-mail using this
address until after you’ve paid your confirmation deposit.
- Confirmed students may access their Ship e-mail at http://mail.ship.edu.
Accepted Student Timeline
You can accept your offer of admission and pay your fees online through ssb.ship.edu/admissions/ any time prior to May 1. If admitted after May 1,
submit your acceptance and payment by the deadline listed in the offer
of admission letter. Extensions of the confirmation deposit date may be
requested by sending a letter to the Dean of Admissions.
Accepted Student Checklist
You’re almost onboard Ship! Just be sure to complete the following:
- Medical Form: Submit it to receive services at Etter Health Center. Current health-related requirements are at www.ship.edu/Health_Center/New_Student_Information/.
- Final Transcript:
Request to have it sent, including date of your graduation, to the
Office of Admissions. Failure to submit it will result in a hold on your
- Placement Testing: Schedule with the Placement Testing Office any exams you may be required to take if you are majoring in English, reading, mathematics, or a foreign language.
- Orientation: Register to become part of the Shippensburg community and create your first semester class schedule. Orientation programs are held prior to the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
- Semester Bill: Look
for your semester bill in your Shippensburg University e-mail address in
order to pay for it. You will NOT receive a paper bill via USPS mail.
Contact the Student Accounts Office with any questions.
Ready to get started? Learn more about daily student life at Ship.