Join us for our annual Alumni Weekend at Shippensburg University and view the planned activities.
3 Ways to Register
- ONLINE -Click Here: The easiest way to register is online. You can pay immediately with a credit card or you can mail a check.
- MAIL: Fill out the registration form in your Alumni Weekend brochure and mail it along with payment if required.
- PHONE: Call Alumni Relations at (717) 477-1218 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
50 YEARS! CLASS of 1969 Celebrating their 50th Class Reunion
Happy 50th! Join classmates from your graduating class of 1969 to celebrate your 50th reunion. On Friday, each class member receives a Golden Raider medallion, a 50th reunion pin and a reunion booklet. Enjoy complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres to celebrate this special year, followed by a Reunion Dinner. Program with fiftieth recognition begins at 2:30PM. Dinner at 6:00PM. Guest dinner $25, Class members free.
All-GREEK Alumni Reunion, Saturday 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of Greek Life at Shippensburg! Break out your letters, and celebrate Greek Life with your fraternity brothers and sorority sisters. Join the “Greek Reunion—Shippenburg University 2019” group on Facebook to stay up to date with the reunion planning. Catch up with friends, listen to great music (Bernie Froio ’94, TKE, on drums), and play lawn games. Enjoy hamburgers, hot dogs, beer, wine, soda, and water. All registrants receive a 2019 Greek reunion t-shirt, koozie, and stadium cup, in addition to a sixtieth anniversary keychain. Koozies are sponsored by Magnolia Heights Marketing, Michele (Gegg) Legge ’88, Phi Sigma Sigma. Stadium cups sponsored by Wibs, co-owner Jeff England ’96, Kappa Sigma. After the reunion, take a break for dinner with friends, and return to Harley Hall for the Saturday Night Raider Jam with a DJ from 8:00pm–11:00pm. $20/person
Reminder: All registrants for the Saturday afternoon Greek Reunion will receive a wristband. Wristbands MUST be worn and displayed at all times. Your wristband confirms you are registered for the Greek reunion and that you are 21 years of age or older. Wristbands provide access to live music, food tent, 2 bars, 2019 t-shirt, koozie, stadium cup, a sixtieth anniversary key chain, and group photos.
MARCHING BAND Alumni Reunion Cookout
Saturday Noon - 3:00PM - Kieffer Hall
If watching a college halftime show takes you back to your glory days with the marching band, join Director Trever Famulare, Bill Dean, and bandmates for a family-friendly cookout with BBQ, beer, wine, soda, and water. Take a break for dinner then come to the best Ship Party in town (Harley Hall lawn), as a DJ spins the music we love. Light snacks and beverages are provided. Last call at 11:30PM. $10/ages 10+, $5/ages 5-9
ALPHA SIGMA 60th Founding Anniversary Mimisoa Brunch
Saturday 10:30AM - 12:30PM - McFeeley's, CUB
60 years of awesome in the making! Celebrate the 60th anniversary reunion of Alpha Sigma with a special mimosa brunch just for Alpha Sigma sisters. Reminisce and catch up. $20/person
Golden Raiders Alumni Luncheon
All Golden Raiders, including the newly inducted Class of 1969, are invited to a Golden Raider Luncheon on Saturday at Noon. $10/person.
Class of 1959 Sixtieth Class Reunion Dinner
Head to the Courtyard by Marriott for a class social at 4:30PM and dinner at 5:00PM. Registration is required. $35/person.
- Luhrs Performing Arts Center Tour (12:30PM Friday).
- Pubs & Grubs Tour (7:00PM - Midnight Friday). Tour Shippensburg’s most popular hangouts. Visit some of your old haunts, and see what’s new. First bus pick-up is from both Harley Hall and the Courtyard Marriott. Bus runs on a continuous loop.
- Cumberland Valley Railroad Museum Open House (10:00AM - 2:00PM Saturday). Built in a restored railroad car, tour Shippensburg’s new Cumberland Valley Railroad Museum, located at the intersection of Earl and Fort streets. The 1956 boxcar, once used by the Penn Central Railroad to transport freight, now features a professionally-curated exhibit. Learn more about the area’s rich railroad history
- Finance and Estate Planning Seminar (8:00AM - 2:30PM, Friday).Your retirement built to last. Keynote speaker is Linda Duessel, CFA, CPA, and CFP- senior vice president and equity strategist at Federated Investors. She has been a regular contributor to CNBC’s Closing Bell and other programs. In addition, she has appeared on Fox News Your World With Neil Cavuto and Bloomberg Television. Linda has been extensively quoted by Associated Press, The Wall Street Journal, and Barron’s and has been featured in the annual roundtables for USA Today and Smart Money Magazine.
- Kick-off Social at the Courtyard by Marriott (4:30PM - 6:00PM, Friday)
- Food Truck Friday (5:00PM - 7:00PM Friday, Outside Harley Hall). Get your BBQ sandwiches, nachos, and more from Uncle Eddie’s BBQ before catching the downtown pub bus.
- Reunion and Awards Dinner (6:00PM, Friday)
- Pastries with Professors (9:30AM, Saturday)
- Paint and Sip with Stephanie Brant-Miller '97 (10:30AM Saturday).
Enjoy complimentary mimosas while creating a 12-by-12 canvas painting. Stephanie wi ll turn attendees into artists as she leads this painting craft. Please allow 1 hour and register in advance. $35/person.
- Alumni Sweethearts Wedding Vow Renewals (10:30AM - 11:30AM Saturday). Say “I do” with your ShipMate, and reaffirm your love for one another with this special blessing ceremony for married couples—complete with champagne and cake. Register in advance. Casual attire is appropriate.
- Drink Local: Craft Beer Tasting with Boneshire Brew Works (1:00PM - 2:00PM Saturday). Lagers, ales, and stouts—oh my! Brewer and Boneshire proprietor Alan Miller ’04 has a full hour of tastings prepared. $10/person
- Ice Cream Social (2:00PM - 3:30PM, Saturday).
- SU Night Dinner (5:15PM Saturday) Join President Laurie Carter for all-you-can-eat crabs and fixin’s. Registration required, and tickets will be mailed to you. No tickets will be available at the gate. Dress is casual attire. Food cannot leave the premises. $25/adult, $15/ages 6-12 years, Free/ages 5 and under.
- Classical Mystery Tour-A Tribute to the Beatles (7:30PM Saturday). Luhrs Performing Arts Center. Tickets $39, $49, $59. Purchase tickets at luhrscenter.com.
- Raider Jam (8:00PM - Midnight Saturday). Come to the best Ship Party in town (Harley Hall lawn), as a DJ spins the music we love. Light snacks and beverages are provided. Last call at 11:30PM.
Lodging is conveniently located on campus for $40/person/night. All beds are twin with 3-room types (2-person 1BR, 2-person 2BR, 4-person 2BR). Additional lodging adjacent to campus includes the Courtyard by Marriott, located next to the Conference Center. For a list of lodging options, visit www.ship.edu/visit/lodging. For answers to your questions, contact us at email@example.com or (717) 477-1218 to speak with an alumni representative.