Shippensburg University Alumni Weekend
Join us for our annual Alumni Weekend at Shippensburg University.
3 Ways to Register
- ONLINE: The easiest way to register is online. You can pay immediately with a credit card or you can mail a check.
- MAIL: Fill out the registration form in your Alumni Weekend brochure and mail it along with payment if required.
- PHONE: Call Alumni Relations at (717) 477-1218 from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
It's a full schedule, starting with the 30th Annual Alumni Weekend Golf Tournament on Thursday, May 31 at the Carlisle Country Club. Tee-off the weekend by making plans to golf with us. Shotgun start at 1:00PM. The cost is $100.00/golfer, which includes lunch and dinner. Proceeds from the outing benefit the Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship.
50 YEARS! CLASS of 1968 Celebrating their 50th Class Reunion
Friday - Recognition with Hors d'oeuvre and Cocktail Reception, and Reunion Dinner
Happy 50th! Join classmates from your graduating class of 1968 to celebrate your 50th reunion. On Friday, each class member will be presented with a Golden Raider medallion, a 50th reunion pin and a reunion booklet. You’ll then be treated to complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres to celebrate this special year, followed by a Reunion Dinner. Recognition and reception begins at 2:30PM, program starts promptly at 3:00PM. Dinner begins at 6:00PM.
All-GREEK Alumni Reunion, Saturday 1:00 - 4:00PM
In its 3rd year - Rally your chapters, break out your letters, and celebrate Greek life at Ship! The Greek Reunion Room will be loaded with memorabilia and pictures celebrating Greek life. Live musical entertainment under the tent includes the Greek Band, NC17 with band members Eric Bailey ’94-’98M on vocals, Mike Handshew ’95 (drums), Dan Kohansby ’92 (bass), and Eric Willhide ’92 (guitar). Reminisce with friends, join a corn-hole game, and enjoy grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, snacks and beverages. All registrants receive a 2018 Greek Reunion t-shirt and koozie. Beer and wine included.
After the afternoon reunion, take a break for dinner with friends and come back to Harley for the Saturday Night Raider Jam with DJ! The Greek Reunion memorabilia room will also be open Saturday night after SU Night from 8:00-11:00PM. Light snacks and beverages are provided. Last call at 11:30PM.
Reminder: All registrants for the Saturday afternoon Greek Reunion will receive a wristband in their registration packet. Wristbands MUST be worn and displayed at all times. Your wristband confirms you are registered for the Greek reunion and that you are 21 years of age or older. Wristbands provide access to live music, food tent, 2 bars, 2018 t-shirt, 2018 koozie, 2018 stadium cups, and group photos. Wristbands will not be replaced. Registration packets may be picked up at the CUB registration desk. If you are ONLY registered for the Greek Reunion, you may pick up your registration packet beginning at NOON at the Greek Reunion tent at Harley Hall.
HOUSING and RESIDENCE LIFE Alumni Reunion
Saturday Noon - 3:00PM - Kieffer Hall; 3:30PM Tour with Barry McClanahan
Time flies, but memories remain. Don’t miss out on the reunion for Housing & Residence Life Alumni! Join Jody Harpster ’74M and Barry McClanahan for a Picnic Cookout from Noon – 3:00PM at Kieffer Hall. Enjoy the company of fellow alumni and hear a welcome back from Jody and Barry. Haven’t been on campus in a while? A tour of the residence hall and campus will leave at 3:30PM. You can even stay over on campus! Take a break for dinner then come to the best Ship Party in town (Harley Hall lawn), as a DJ spins the music we love. Light snacks and beverages are provided. Last call at 11:30PM.
Reminder: All registrants for the Saturday afternoon Res. Life Reunion will receive a picnic ticket in their registration packet. Registration packets may be picked up at the CUB registration desk. If you are ONLY registered for the Res. Life Reunion, you may pick up your registration packet beginning at NOON at the Kieffer Hall pavilion check-in tent. Your ticket will be exchanged for a wristband (for ages 21 and older). Wristbands MUST be worn and displayed at all times. Your wristband confirms you are registered for the Res. Life reunion and that you are 21 years of age or older. Wristbands provide access to food tent, bar, Ship goodies, and entries for special give-aways.
SIGMA DELTA 50th Founding Anniversary Mimisoa Brunch
Saturday 10:30AM - 12:30PM - McFeeley's, CUB
50 years of awesome in the making! Celebrate the 50th anniversary reunion of Sigma Delta with a special mimosa brunch just for Sigma Delta sisters. Reminisce and catch up.
Golden Raiders Alumni Luncheon
All Golden Raiders, including the newly inducted Class of 1968, are invited to a Golden Raider Luncheon on Saturday.
- Luhrs Performing Arts Center Tour (Friday)
- Pubs & Grubs Tour (Friday): Bus departs from Harley Hall and runs on a continuous loop. Bus will pick up at the Courtyard by Marriott at 7:45PM with drop-off at the Marriott by request until Midnight.
- Fashion Archives and Museum (Saturday)
- Finance and Estate Planning Seminar: Learn how the new tax laws impact your taxes, investments, retirement, healthcare, and estate plans. Join the SU Foundation for a free, no-obligation retirement and estate-planning seminar.
- Kick-off Social at the Courtyard by Marriott
- Pastries with Professors
- Craft and Sip with Claudia (Thomas) Garner '98: Take home a little slice of Ship while enjoying mimosas and learn how this year’s craft came about through Claudia’s vibrant stories of her family history with SU. Please allow 1 hour and register in advance. *You may find an image of the project in the brochure and on the registration page.
- Ice Cream Social
- SU Night: Join President Laurie Carter and family for all-you-can-eat crabs and fixin’s. Advanced registration is required and tickets will be mailed to you. No tickets will be sold at the gate. Dress is casual attire.
- Resurrection - A Journey Tribute, Luhrs Performing Arts Center
- Raider Jam: Come to the best Ship Party in town (Harley Hall lawn), as a DJ spins the music we love. Light snacks and beverages are provided. Last call at 11:30PM.
Lodging is conveniently located on campus for $40/person/night. All beds are twin with 3-room types (2-person 1BR, 2-person 2BR, 4-person 2BR). Additional lodging adjacent to campus includes the Courtyard by Marriott, located next to the Conference Center. For a list of lodging options, visit www.ship.edu/visit/lodging. For answers to your questions, contact us at email@example.com or (717) 477-1218 to speak with an alumni representative.