Ship Homecoming 2018
Friday, October 19 - Saturday, October 20
Gather your family and friends and return to Shippensburg to celebrate Homecoming Weekend on October 19 and 20. Save the date, make your plans, and send in your RSVP.
View the activities for Friday and Saturday using the expandable links below. Traveling? Be sure to secure overnight lodging before it sells out.
View the Homecoming Weekend Brochure. The brochure is your go-to for what's happening Homecoming Weekend! See the listing of activities and any associated costs and make plans to return for Homecoming Weekend!
Remember to purchase your tickets in advance for the Athletic Hall of Fame lunch. While complimentary, you must have tickets for the President's Postgame Supper.
Battle of the Campus
4:00PM - 6:00PM - Academic Quad
Lyp Sync Battle
9:00PM - Memorial Auditorium; $1.00 Admission
Athletic Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon.
12:30PM - Reisner Dining Hall, Tuscarora Room - $23
The SU Athletic Hall of Fame has recognized many outstanding athletes who have gone on to distinguish themselves later in life. Please join us in recognizing our 2018 SU Athletic Hall of Fame Class.
Shippensburg Heart Walk
2:00 - 4:00PM - Shippensburg University Rail to Trail
Join Team Shippensburg University with team coach John Kooti, Dean for the College of Business. Register to walk at www.heart.org/masondixonwalk
Food Truck Festival
4:00PM - 6:00PM - Old Main Lawn
ShipServes: Alumni Homecoming Service Project
4:30PM - King’s Kettle Food Pantry, 30 N. Fayette St., Shippensburg
Come to King’s Kettle Food Pantry and show how much Ship cares during our annual service project. Alumni, students, and staff will meet to stock shelves at the pantry. Canned goods and other non-perishable food items will be accepted.
Ship Is It Homecoming Kick off Social
6:30 - 8:00PM - Courtyard by Marriott Shippensburg
Kick off this year’s Homecoming festivities during the Alumni Social at the Courtyard by Marriott. Enjoy the expansive outdoor patio, inside lounge, and bar area. Cash bar available. The Courtyard by Marriott is adjacent to campus behind Seth Grove Stadium.
Saturday Morning Activities
Financial Planning Breakfast and Workshop: Be Prepared or Get Slimed! Learn how to build a financial roadmap that works for you and your family.
Interested in financial tips for in your 30s, 40s, or 50s? This seminar is for you! Join the Shippensburg University Foundation for a free, no-obligation financial planning workshop – Preparing Today for Your Tomorrow. Volunteer professional advisors will cover topics such as:
- Building your savings for future trips, children, house, emergency funds, etc.
- Paying down debt.
- Planning for your child/children’s education – 529 Plans.
- Beneficiary designations/wills/trusts/POAs.
- Needing more than a 401k plan for retirement.
- Planning for the sandwich generation - generation of people who care for their aging parents while supporting their own children.
8:30AM complimentary breakfast, 9:00AM workshop, and wrap up by 10:30AM to enjoy the SU Homecoming festivities! For information, call (717) 477-1377 or visit www.sufoundation.org.
39th Annual SU Army ROTC 5K or 10K Run. Register at www.cvraceseries.us. Pre- Registration: $25/5K, $35/10K; Same day registration (opens at 6:30AM): $30/5K, $40/10K
Anyone is welcome to come out and show us what you’ve got in this 5K or 10K run along a scenic, well-marked course on country roads. Proceeds benefit the SU Army ROTC Raider Battalion.
Divine Nine Alumni Reunion
10:00AM – Glass Lounge, Ceddia Union Building
Celebrate being DIVINE! Nine historically Black Greek letter organizations make up the National Pan-Hellenic Council. Collectively, these organizations are referred to as “The Divine Nine.” Members of the service fraternities Alpha Phi Alpha, Kappa Alpha Psi, Omega Psi Phi, Phi Beta Sigma, and Iota Phi Theta; and sororities Alpha Kappa Alpha, Delta Sigma Theta, Zeta Phi Beta, and Sigma Gamma Rho are invited to reunion together. Enjoy a continental breakfast and catching up with friends before moving to the tailgate zone and football game.
Fashion Archives & Museum Tour
Open for Tours 10:00AM – NOON; $5/Adult; $4/Senior
Museum is located between Heiges Field House and StoneRidge Commons/College Park.
The Fashions of Fiction from Pamela to Gatsby. The exhibit will explore the role of clothing and character in some of literature’s finest works. It features clothing dating from the 1730s to the 1920s and is a stunning display to see. Admission charge is collected at the museum.
Saturday Afternoon - Evening Highlights
GAME DAY INFO: It's a RED OUT. Support the Red Raiders as they face Kutztown. Kick-off at 1:00PM.Tickets are available at the gate, $10/adult; $5/Non-SU students and senior citizens (60+). Wear your SHIP RED to show your Raider Pride at the RED OUT.
Raider Zone and Tailgating.Tailgate with the Alumni Association under the Red and Blue Alumni tent. Pick up your Ship alumni goodies, register for door prizes, and enjoy complimentary hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and soft beverages (while supplies last).
- Fan Zone with an all ages bounce house until 2pm
- DJ from 10:30AM - 1:00PM.
- Know the tailgate policy.
President's Postgame Supper: FREE, Preregistration and ticket required. Following the football game, join President Laurie Carter for a casual picnic supper with you and your family. Enjoy some favorite Ship foods while catching up with fellow alumni and friends. Order tickets in advance online (tickets will be mailed to you) , or pick up tickets in person at the Alumni House, 300 N. Prince Street. A limited number of tickets will be available the day of the event.
Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood: The Scared Scriptless Tour - 7:30PM at the Luhrs Performing Arts Center. Tickets: $45, $35 & $25
Armed with nothing but their sharp wit, comedians Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood take to the live stage to create hilarious and original scenes in their two-man show. Known by TV audiences for their work on Whose Line is it Anyway?, Colin & Brad improvise new material every night from audience suggestions and participation. “Interactive” in every sense of the word, Colin & Brad will take the audience on a comedic high-wire act… just like a live version of Whose Line! Get ready for a night of non-stop laughter for all ages! Purchase your tickets online at www.luhrscenter.com or call the box office at (717) 477-SHOW.
Shippensburg Community Halloween Parade - 7:00PM
Stroll downtown to watch the Shippensburg Community Halloween parade featuring middle and high school bands, civic group floats and more. Parade starts at the corner of King and Prince streets and concludes at Earl Street.
Multicultural Student Affairs and Afro-Am Alumni Social - 9:00PM - 1:00AM
Multicultural student affairs Afro-Am alumni social in the Tuscarora Room. Dancing and DJ. $15 donation at the door. RSVPs preferred, but not required to email@example.com.
Homecoming is held on Ship's campus, located at:
1871 Old Main Drive
Shippensburg, PA 17257
For your convenience, area-lodging options may be found at www.ship.edu/Visit/Lodging, including the Courtyard by Marriott Shippensburg, which is adjacent to campus. For answers to your questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 477-1218 to speak with an alumni representative.
Parking Lot Rules for behind Seth Grove Stadium
- One parking space per vehicle.
- No saving of parking spaces. Wish to tailgate together? -Arrive together.
- Parking behind Seth Grove is for cars only, no trailers or pull behinds; Refer to the tailgate policy for RV parking information.
- Lot opens to vehicles at 10AM; No alcoholic beverages permitted before 10:30AM.
- Only lawful consumption of alcohol is permitted. Underage drinking is unlawful and violators will be cited.
The Alumni Relations Office sponsors hot dogs, hamburgers and beverages (while supplies last) under the red and blue alumni tent. Stop by to pick up your free Shippensburg University alumni give aways, register for door prizes, and update your alumni information. Enjoy the DJ and bring the family to enjoy the Fan Zone with a bounce house and more all behind Seth Grove Stadium.
Raider Tailgate Contest: Decorate your tailgate area around the Shipelodeon Homecoming theme, and show your team spirit. Judges will tour the tailgate area beginning at 11:00AM. The winners will be notified at NOON, so you can enjoy your prize!
Welcome Back from the University Bookstore!
Open Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM and Saturday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM.
Alumni receive 20% off all regular priced apparel or gift item.
Friday, October 19, 2018
- ShipRec - 6:00AM - 11:00PM, Heiges Field House Pool - 12:00 - 2:00PM and 7:00 - 10:00PM
- ShipRec and HFH Pool access policies apply.
- Alumni may pay $3 for ShipRec access with presentation of photo ID.
- Food Truck Festival - 4:00 - 6:00PM
- Come to Old Main Lawn (near the fountain) and enjoy diverse food offerings from Americana to Mexican cuisine.
- The event is free for Ship students with your student ID.
- Get a free Homecoming t-shirt and enjoy inflatables and music.
- DJ Chris Performance - 6:00 - 8:00PM
- Immediately following the DJ's performance at 8:00PM at Ship Recreation Field B near the outdoor rink, stick around for fireworks. Follow the signs and staff pointing the way.
- Three Point, Free Throw and Hot Shot Competition - 6:00 - 8:00PM
- Students can join the Department of Recreation for a basketball skills competition in ShipRec.
- Preregistration is not required.
- T-shirts and other prizes will be available for top finishers.
- Students must present their SU ID to participate.
- For more information, email email@example.com.
- Shipelodeon Trivia - 8:00PM
- This event in the CUB MPR is free for students.
- Show off your Nickelodeon knowledge and win amazing prizes, including six months-worth of Netflix, a Polaroid, a Nintendo gaming system, and more.
- Homecoming Party - 10:00PM - 2:00AM
- The party is on for all Ship students in Henderson Gym.
- Join Afro-AM to dance to the sounds of DJ Caution from Philadelphia's Power 99 station.
- The cost is $5 for Ship students.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
- ShipRec - 11:00AM - 11:00PM
- ShipRec access policies apply.
- Alumni may pay $3 for ShipRec access with presentation of photo ID.
- Homecoming Showcase - 7:30PM - 10:00PM
- Enjoy the Homecoming Showcase in Memorial Auditorium sponsored by Afro-AM.
- Come watch the NPHC Greeks and step/stroll, enjoy a concert featuring music by Bry Greatah & KUR, as well as performances by Ship talent.
- Ship's own DJ Wise will be on the mic.
- The cost is $20 for Ship students with their ID, $10 for alumni and $30 for the general public.
- Ship Bingo - 8:30PM
- Bingo will be held in the CUB MPR.
- The event is free and well over $3,000 worth of prizes will be handed out.
- Expect fun, food, music, raffles and door prizes.
- Game Zone - 12:00AM - 2:00AM
- Head to the Game Zone in the CUB to listen to music, play games and win prizes, including bookstore gift cards every 30 minutes.
- The televisions will be playing old school shows you watched as a kid.
- Free games: pool, ping pong, shuffleboard, video games, board games
- Video game tournaments will have prizes for top players.
McFeely's will be open and providing the following free food: sliders, soda, chicken fingers, cookies
Dunkin' Donuts will be open from 12:00AM - 1:00AM and the first 50 students in line will receive a free small iced coffee while supplies last.