The Management program provides the student with a broad understanding of a variety of systematic business practices, techniques and philosophies. The program stresses the mastery of key managerial concepts from the perspective of how they affect the behavior, performance and satisfaction of individuals and how individual performance and satisfaction contribute to organizational efficiency and effectiveness. Special attention is devoted to the necessity of adapting to environmental conditions and the implementation of of corporate objectives.
- MGT340 Human Resource Management
- MGT370 International Business
- MGT394 Leadership & Decision-Making
- MGT431 Corporate Entrepreneurship
- MGT498 Strategy Implementation
Electives (Select a total of 6 crs. from the following courses)
- MGT337 Issues in Entrepreneurship
- MGT342 Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- MGT432 Entrepreneurship
- MGT433 Small Business Management
- MGT450 Negotiation
- MGT470 International Management
- MGT490 elected Topics in Management
Completion of the management program facilitates employment potential in both manufacturing and service firms. Industrial and retail sales positions, with a career orientation toward sales management, are also likely. The program also provides a solid foundation for graduate study.