Non-Credit Internship Registration
Shippensburg University students who want their non-credit internship experience to be recognized by the University are required to complete the non-credit internship registration form. The internship experience needs a minimum of 120 hours on site to be recognized.
- Complete the form below to receive recognition from the University for having a non-credit internship. If you are exploring an internship for credit, please contact your academic department to approve and record your internship.
- All registration forms are due prior to the start of the internship and should be turned into the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center in CUB 108. Alternatively, students can use the online registration form below.
Internships are defined by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) as: “a form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”
How do student interns benefit from an Internship Program?
Students are seeking opportunities that focus their interests and provide real‐world experiences. A meaningful, purposeful internship program will:
- Ensure the assignment of challenging projects and tasks.
- Provide projects that complement academic programs and/or career interests.
- Give broad exposure to the organization.
- Provide adequate, reliable, and regular supervision and mentoring.
- Ensure interns are keeping pace and accomplishing goals.
- Create a professional network.
- Real life experience.
Prior to the start of the internship, it is required that the intern create a list of learning goals they hope to complete. The learning goals serve as the roadmap for your time with the internship organization.
Need assistance or have questions about internships?
Contact the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center
in CUB 108, email@example.com or 717-477-1484.
- Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center
- About Us
- Upcoming Events
- On-Campus Student Employment
- Career CUB Takeover
- Job Shadow
- Non-Credit Internship Registration
- Professional Dress Closet
- Employers & Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Career Coach
- Graduation Data