On Campus Recruitment
SHIP Career Connection
The Career Center connects with companies and organizations to arrange for them to visit campus and share information with Ship students about career and internship opportunities within their organization. Employers participate in the On-Campus Recruitment program in three different ways:
Information Tables: Recruiters interact informally with students in a high-traffic area to share more information about their organization.
Information Sessions: Recruiters schedule a specific time to present information about their organization to a group of students in a more organized structure. Information sessions provide a great opportunity to network with recruiters and find out more about an organization before a scheduled interview. Many recruiters bring company literature, food, and prizes/giveaways for those who participate.
On-Campus Interviews: Recruiters schedule a specific date to conduct on-campus interviews for internship and full time positions within their organization. In order to participate, students must register for SHIP Career Connection and submit their resumes for interview consideration. If approved for an interview, it is the student's responsibility to schedule a specific time to meet with the employer.
Recruitment opportunities and employment resources are provided to employers and Shippensburg University students/alumni. However, in an effort to protect student/alumni and employers, the Career Center has developed comprehensive "Recruitment and Employment Guidelines" which will be followed in all recruitment activities and registrations/postings in SHIP Career Connection.
On the Day of the Interview:
- Dress Professionally - This means a suit for everyone; stockings and closed-toed shoes for the women!
- Arrive approximately 10-15 minutes before your scheduled interview time.
- Bring an additional copy of your resume, transcripts, and any other paperwork that may have been listed in the job description.
- NEVER, under any circumstances, should you "blow off" the interview. If you are unable to make the interview for any reason, contact the Career Development Center at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- After the interview, it's always recommended to send the recruiter(s) a thank you letter.
Visit SHIP Career Connection and view the comprehensive calendar. The calendar is updated regularly and includes information about information tables, information sessions, and on-campus interviews.