The Communication Studies program offers its graduate students the opportunity to pursue professional working experiences by taking a 3-credit internship. Internships require graduate students to be matriculated into the program and must work 120 hours. Typically, this means 12 graduate credit hours have been completed.
Graduate students must complete the following procedures:
- Contact Professor Ott and complete the "Letter of Agreement"
The following signatures are required:
- Student completing the internship
- Organization Supervisor where internship will be held
- Faculty member advising internship
- Department's internship coordinator - Holly Kalbach Ott
- Submit the completed form to Loretta Sobrito by the end of the semester prior to the semester the internship will begin. (The department secretary will get the Department Chair's signature and take the form to the Deans Office.)
- Deadline for Spring Semester Internships - December 1st
- Deadline for Fall and Summer Semester Internships - May 1st