Commencement Information for Faculty
Graduate Commencement Ceremony - December 13, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony - December 14, 2019 at 11:00 a.m.
The winter commencement ceremonies are December 13 for graduate students and December 14 for undergraduate students. The graduate ceremony is 7:00 p.m. in the H. Ric Luhrs Performing Arts Center and the undergraduate ceremony is 11:00 a.m. in Heiges Field House.
- Faculty Participation: The Commencement Committee encourages faculty to participate. An email will be sent to determine the number of faculty participants to provide an accurate count of required seats.
- Cap and Gown: Faculty members who wish to order academic regalia are asked to contact the University Store at ext. 1600 from on campus or 717-477-1600 from off campus. If you would like to attend but do not wish to order academic regalia, there is a robe sharing program in the APSCUF office. Please contact the office to arrange a loaner.
- Diploma Presentation: If you want to present a diploma cover to a family member or a student who is graduating, please email email@example.com by December 6. Please include the graduate's name and college in the email.
- Robing: For the undergraduate ceremony, please use the entrance to Heiges Field House. Faculty will assemble by 10:30 a.m. in the locker room area. The platform party, administrators, special participants, etc. will robe in the Red Raiders locker room.
- Academic Procession: The undergraduate academic procession will form at 10:45 a.m. and start promptly at 11:00 a.m. The mace bearer will lead the processional followed by members of the 50-year class, graduates, faculty, trustees, administrators, and then the platform party. The mace bearer will also lead the recessional followed by the platform party, administrators, trustees, and faculty.
Should you have any questions concerning your participation in the undergraduate ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions concerning your participation in the graduate ceremony, please contact Brian Johnson at email@example.com.