Guest Information for Winter Undergraduate Ceremony
December 15, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. in Heiges Field House
Inclement Weather Notification
In case of inclement weather, information about commencement will be available on Hotline (717-477‑1200). Hotline will be updated as needed. Final information will be available by 7:00 a.m. on December 15. Hotline, the university’s website, and the university’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, are the official sources of information about commencement.
- Tickets: No tickets are required to attend the ceremony. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. To help ensure a smooth start to the program, visitors are asked to be seated no later than 10:30 a.m. Seating is on bleachers without backs.
- Parking: Parking will be restricted to designated areas. Shippensburg University Police will direct family and guests to parking areas. Handicap parking will be available behind Heiges Field House.
- Admission: Doors to Heiges Field House open at 9:00 a.m. for guests. Light refreshments will be available. The academic procession begins promptly at 11:00 a.m.; the ceremony should end by 1:00 p.m.
- Guests with special needs: Graduates should make seating arrangements for guests with special needs in writing by December 7. This request must be made by the graduate from his or her ship.edu email account and sent to email@example.com. Please include the guest’s name and the name of one person who will sit with him/her. An interpreter (signer) will be at the ceremony.
- Restrooms: Restroom facilities are limited. Portable restrooms will be available just outside the arena. The Ceddia Union Building will be open for additional restroom facilities.
- University Store: Store hours December 15 are 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Photographs: Family and guests are not permitted to approach the stage to photograph graduates. We encourage you to take your photos from the photo area available to the right of the graduates and stage area. A professional photographer from GradImages will photograph each graduate as he or she receives congratulations from President Carter. The firm will contact the graduates by mail concerning interest in purchasing photos. The firm’s website is www.gradimages.com. To pre-register for commencement proofs and receive a coupon, visit www.gradimages.com/preregistration.
- Alternate viewing: The ceremony may be viewed from the Orndorff Theatre in the Ceddia Union Building. The ceremony will also be streamed on www.ship.edu and broadcast off-campus via the local Comcast cable system on channel 21.
- Flowers: You may purchase flowers for your graduate at commencement or pre-order using this link: www.thecommencementgroup.com/shippensburg. The flower sale is sponsored by the Shippensburg University Men’s & Women’s Swim Team.
- Alcohol: Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited. Beverages will be confiscated and violators will be evicted from the facility.
- Graduate seating: Seating is in two columns. The column on the left facing the stage, will be the John L. Grove College of Business and the College of Education & Human Services. The column on the right facing the stage, will be the College of Arts & Sciences.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.