Exciting News from the Financial Aid Office
- We can still be reached via phone or e-mail, however, our fax machine is turned off.
- PA State Grant FAFSA Filing deadline has been extended to May 15, 2020 for the 2020-2021 Academic year!!
- If you are an incoming or returning student for FALL 2020/Spring 2021 your parent may apply online at www.studentaid.gov for a PARENT PLUS loan beginning May 1, 2020.
Guidance for Students and Parents who have borrowed Federal Student Loans:
The Office of Federal Student Aid is actively monitoring the new coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak.
If you’re concerned about your loan repayment, FSA can help you understand what to do. Information for student and parent borrowers is available online at https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/coronavirus. Updates will be made on a regular basis, so please check back often.
The Financial Aid Office at Shippensburg University recommends that you reach out to your loan servicer for the most accurate information on your student loan. You can locate your loan servicer online at https://myfedloan.org/. Sign in using your FSA (federal student aid) ID and password.
Recommendations for Students and Parents who have borrowed Private Alternative Education Loans:
If you have borrowed an Alternative Education Loan and are having difficulty making your payments, we encourage you to reach out to your lender.
Go the website where you made your Alternative Loan application and look for Customer Service. You should be able to locate contact information such as a phone number and email. Some lenders even provide online chat.
Financial Aid Offer Notifications
Financial Aid Offer Notifications (formerly award letters) have gone out to NEW students! If you have not received your offer notification, please check the following:
- Have you checked your spam e-mail? We email offer notifications to both the student and parent e-mail addresses listed on the FAFSA.
- Have you completed the 2020/2021 FAFSA?
- Did you list our school code on the FAFSA? SU School Code is 003326.
- Was your FAFSA selected for Verification and you owe us additional information/documents? Check you financial aid requirements on the Myship Portal.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Exciting news the 2020/2021 application is now live! New and continuing SU students can search and apply for university scholarships at https://ship.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com.
The 20/21 FAFSA is now available to file as of October 1st at www.fafsa.gov. If eligible, we highly recommend you use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to "link' the tax data requested from the IRS database directly into the FAFSA.
Rolled out last year: FAFSA has an app called myStudentAid. This is a free app and is extremely user friendly. Log in using the student FSA ID and password, complete the form, save it, and then have a parent log on to complete their information. Download the app today and give it a try!
AVAILABILITY OF PARENT PLUS applications for FALL 2020 and Spring 2021
If you are an incoming or returning student for FALL 2020/Spring 2021 your parent may apply online at www.studentaid.gov for a PARENT PLUS loan beginning May 1, 2020.
To apply your parent will log in (click on the blue LOG IN button) with their FSA ID and password and complete the application process online. Shippensburg University will be notified electronically that your application was submitted.
In order to process your application we need to know the dollar amount you would like to borrow. You may select maximum loan or request a dollar amount. If you need assistance determining how much to borrow please use our cost of attendance estimate online at https://www.ship.edu/financial_aid/cost_of_attendance/. Please do not select the option ‘loan amount unknown’.
The student will receive an email to their official Shippensburg University email account that the PLUS loan has been processed. You may then review the updated financial aid awards via the myShip portal.
The 19/20 FAFSA is still available to file until June 30th, 2020 for the fall 2019, spring 2020 and summer 2020 aid at www.fafsa.gov. Students admitted in the spring or summer 2020 must complete both the 19/20 and 20/21 FAFSAs for aid consideration. Note - Academic Success students attending the Summer Bridge or Early Explorer program do NOT need to complete a 19/20 FAFSA.
- Financial Aid Home
- Financial Aid Announcements
- Cost of Attendance
- Applying for Aid
- Types of Aid
- Eligibility & Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Verification/IRS Tax Return Transcripts
- Consumer Information
- Financial Aid Forms
- Summer Financial Aid Information
- Student Financial Aid Portal - myShip
- Financial Literacy