Application Process for Doctorate in Educational Leadership
Any questions should be directed to the Office of Graduate Admissions at 717-477-1213.
- Complete a Graduate Admissions Application. You must complete the online application and pay the $45.00 non-refundable application fee. Select Graduate Degree seeking from the application listing. You will be asked to create a new Login ID and PIN. Select "Summer Term A" for your application term.
- Submit official transcripts. Include each and every institution that has awarded you college credit, including additional certification program(s). Electronic transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. You may also have official transcripts mailed from the institution to: Shippensburg University, Office of Graduate Admissions, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257. Emailed copies, scanned copies, or opened copies sent directly from the student will not be accepted.
- Submit supplemental documents. These cannot be uploaded to the online application. Please submit these as PDF or Word attachments to GradAdmiss@ship.edu. Please include your full name and date of birth in all correspondence.
- Current Resume or Curriculum vitae including current/past leadership positions, specific leadership responsibilities and experiences.
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which should be from a school district superintendent or chief organization administrator if not employed at a school district. There is no specific form required.
- 500 to 1000-word goal statement addressing your goals and objectives for doctoral study in educational leadership and how this program will assist you in achieving those outcomes.
- Teaching certifications and endorsements currently held (optional).
- Track your application status. Ship's online portal allows you to check your application and see which items are still outstanding.
Application Review Process
Once you have submitted all items listed above, your application will be considered complete and ready for review by the academic department. Your application will then be sent to the Doctoral Admissions Committee for review. If you are considered a qualified candidate the Doctoral Admissions Committee will contact you and invite you to a campus based interview. Following the campus based interview with the Doctoral Admissions Committee the Chair of the committee will submit a recommendation to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies. The Office of Graduate Admissions will notify you of your admission decision shortly thereafter.
You are encouraged to routinely check your application status online
Questions? Contact us!
Email the Office of Graduate Admissions at GradAdmiss@ship.edu
or call (717) 477-1213.