New Student Information
Welcome to the Shippensburg University community! The Health Center staff works hard to provide students with the best medical treatment and consultations available. Our job is not only to help you when you are sick, but to help you to assume more responsibility for your own health care. For more information about services offered, please visit the Health Center's main page.
Complete All Required Health Forms
All new students must complete the following required health forms as part of Shippensburg University’s enrollment process:
- Student Health Portal (see link and instructions below)
- Health History
- Authorization for Release of Confidential Info
- Emergency Contact Information
- Meningitis Vaccine Information/Confirmation
These forms should be completed online using the Student Health Portal and immunization records mailed by August 1 to: Etter Health Center, Shippensburg University, 1871 Old Main Drive, Shippensburg, PA 17257-2299.
To complete online forms in the Student Health Portal visit https://ship.medicatconnect.com and follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Student Health Portal using your myShip account information. Then refer to the menu at the top of the screen “Forms”, “Insurance”, and “Immunizations” to submit all required information.
- Once all forms are complete, your file will be updated by the next business day. Forms will no longer be available for you to update once they are submitted. If you have new information to offer, please contact the Etter Health Center staff.
- If you have difficulty accessing the electronic forms, please contact Etter Health Center as soon as possible and our staff will gladly assist you with this process. PLEASE NOTE: Students are required to submit a hard copy of their immunization records after completing their "Immunization Record" electronically. Hard copies of immunization records can be faxed to (717) 477-4042 or mailed to the address listed above.
Having trouble uploading documents? Click Here!
All students are required to submit an official copy of their immunization record from either their healthcare providers office, school or their State Health Department.
All students are required to be immunized against pertussis (whooping cough), varicella (chickenpox), measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). Proof of immunization in the student's immunization record or laboratory titer proving immunity is required. If there is an outbreak of any of these diseases and you are not adequately immunized, you may be restricted from residing in campus housing and attending classes and campus events.
Routine vaccinations should be provided by your home physician along with your other preventive care. Please refer to the following website to be sure you have received all of the recommended vaccines for your age: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/adults/rec-vac/college.html.
Flu shots and many other vaccines are available at the local pharmacies. Check the Flu Clinic Schedule to find out where you can get a flu shot locally. The Health Center is available to guide and assist you to ensure that you receive recommended vaccinations.
The meningitis vaccine or a signed waiver is required for all students living in the residence halls on campus: http://www.ship.edu/Health_Center/Meningitis/.
All students are required to complete the tuberculosis screening questionnaire and if indicated, testing for tuberculosis prior to arrival on campus.