Returning and/or Graduate Students

Live On in 2018-2019

Sign Up and Room Selection is available now! 

Housing deposits will be waived for current/graduate students until November 27, 2017.  You can sign up online without paying a $200 deposit.

Housing Instructions for Returning/Graduate Students

Important Information for Current Students about Housing Changes and Closings

Thanksgiving Break Bulletin

Emailed to Students on Nov. 1, 2017

Housing Transitions for Current Students between Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 Semesters
Emailed to Students on Nov. 6, 2017

Residence Hall Closing Bulletin (Available Soon)


Spring 2018

Returning students will report on Sunday, January 21, 2018 after 1:00 p.m.

Fall 2018

Harley Hall, Kieffer Hall, Lackhove Hall, and Mccune Hall: Returning students will arrive on Saturday, August 25, 2018 after 9:00 a.m.

Request to Change Rooms: Students who would like to change their housing assignment can request a form from their Resident Assistant or print the form here. If all roommates are in agreement to the change the request will be forwarded to the Director of Housing for approval. If approved the residents can make the requested change. Students are asked to remain in their assigned space for the first two weeks of each semester. Room changes should be submitted by your residence life staff to Bill Yost, Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life, at Please detail your request with room/roommate/building and suite style information.  In November the residence life staff will review other changes for the Spring semester.

Withdrawal from Residence Halls: If you are planning to withdrawal from SU it is important to remember to properly withdrawal from the halls. Please complete your RCR (room condition report), return your keys, and complete a withdrawal from residence hall form. This form is important to document your reason for withdrawing and finalize your bill for housing. Please see the housing agreement for details.

Housing Agreements: Please remember your housing agreement is for the full academic year. Students must be released from the housing agreement before signing a lease with an off campus landlord.

Students will receive special instructions for break and semester closings.