Opportunities for Interdisciplinary Arts Students to Get Involved
Interdisciplinary Arts students have many opportunities outside the classroom to get involved on campus to boost their resumes and portfolios, pursue leadership opportunities and network while gaining hands-on experience.
- Student Art League – Students travel to art exhibitions and conferences on local and national levels with opportunities to present, network with other artists and learn more about graduate programs.
- National Art Education Association - The Ship student chapter of the Pennsylvania Art Educators Association was established in 2005. Students become members in PAEA, the state chapter of the National Art Education Association, to network and find important discipline resources. Students attend and present papers and projects at meetings and conferences sponsored by PAEA and NAEA.
- SUTV – Shippensburg University Television produces live broadcasts for news, weather, sports and more. There are also opportunities to create original programming.
- WSYC – Members of WSYC 88.7 FM, Ship’s student-run radio station, can be DJs, board operators, sports commentators, programmers and much more.
- Dance Troupes – Opportunities exist on campus for those interested in the many aspects of dance.
- Music Ensembles – Instrumental and vocal groups perform and compete both on campus and on much larger stages.
- Activities Programming Board – APB is dedicated to performance and event planning at Ship.
- Act V Theatre Company – Act V Theatre Company is Ship’s student-run theatre group that allows members to hone their skills in all realms of theatre. The troupe conducts workshops and holds performances throughout the year.
Game On Improv – Game On Improv is an entirely student-run improvisational troupe. The group puts on live performances on campus.
- The Reflector – Creative works of prose, poetry, art and other writings are published in Ship’s journal of the arts.
- Visivo – Visivo is the Art and Design Department’s magazine. Students work on all aspects, including design, photography and printing.
- The Slate – The online and print news outlet covers the latest at Ship, including entertainment, sports and more. Writing, editing, photography and design opportunities are available.