Reporting a Sexual Misconduct Complaint

On-Campus Authorities / Off-Campus Authorities

Please know that being raped or sexually assaulted is never the victim's fault. If you have been sexually assaulted or raped, you have options and resources to help you through the situation.

If you wish to report any type of sexual assault/rape or domestic violence to the police, you many contact either On-Campus authorities or Off-Campus authorities. For emergencies please use 911. If you were the victim of a crime off campus and are unsure which law enforcement office to contact, you can contact the Shippensburg University Public Safety Office and they will guide you in this process.

Amnesty Policy as it is Related to Sexual Misconduct

Adapted from University of Delaware's Policy for Sexual Assault

The Shippensburg University Office of Student Conduct grants amnesty to students who may have violated the Swataney’s Alcohol and Other Drug Policy at the same time of the incident when he or she became a victim of sexual assault. Therefore, no Code of Conduct violations are applied to a student who reports that he or she was under the influence of alcohol or other drugs at the time of a sexual assault.

Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form

If this is an emergency or you currently feel at risk for your personal safety, please call University Police at 717-477-1444 or dial 911.

Shippensburg University is firmly committed to maintaining a learning and working environment that is free of sexual misconduct, including sexual and gender-based harassment, sexual violence, intimate partner violence, sexual exploitation, sexual intimidation, and stalking.

Individuals who have witnessed or experienced sexual misconduct may report the incident to the university using the form below. Reports are sent directly to the Title IX Coordinator, who oversees all sex discrimination matters at the university. If you have any questions about this form or the university’s process for responding to and resolving incidents of sexual misconduct, please contact Carlesha Halkias, Executive Director of Social Equity/Title IX Coordinator at or 717-477-1161.

Individuals who have experienced sexual misconduct or are assisting a friend who has experienced sexual misconduct are encouraged to seek help and support. For support, please visit .

Background Information

Involved Parties


Have you shared with involved parties listed that you are reporting this information to the University (e.g., if you are a responsible employee, did you share with the involved parties listed above that you are required to share this information)? If you have not, you are strongly encouraged to do so.