ODL Higher Education Structure and Policy Concentration
The Higher Education Structure and Policy Concentration provides ODL students interested in a career in the many higher education areas with the opportunity to develop competencies in policy, social structures, inequalities, communications, and leadership within a college or university setting.
Alumni of this concentration work in areas such as:
- Residential Life
- Advancement and Development
- Career Planning
- Student Activities
- Athletic Coaching and Administration
- Institutional Data
- College Marketing and Public Relations
The program is designed for both full and part-time students. In addition to core and concentration courses, you must complete an internship and an organizational analysis project. The Graduate Catalog details specific course requirements.
You must meet all requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, including:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. The ODL Admissions Committee may request an interview if an applicant's GPA is below 2.75.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
- Current resume through the Ship Admissions portal.
- Personal goals statement, usually one page, single-spaced, explaining your personal and/or professional goals for pursuing the program through the "Program Statement/Questionnaire" link in the Ship Admissions portal.
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- Requisite application fee
The resume and personal goal statement should be submitted via your admissions portal.
If you have any questions, please contact the ODL Director, Dr. Barbara Denison, by calling (717) 477-1735 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.