ODL Management Information Systems Concentration
ODL students interested in a career in the many applications of management information systems can pursue this concentration to develop competencies in:
- Information Systems Design and Management
- Database Design
- Information Analysis
- MIS Applications
Alumni from this concentration often find employment with the federal government installations in our areas; they have also landed careers in health insurance and health care institutions, higher education, for-profit companies, and non-profit entities.
The program is designed for both full and part-time students. This concentration offers courses at both Shippensburg University and Dixon University Center in Harrisburg.
You must meet all requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, including:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. The ODL Admissions Committee may request an interview if an applicant's GPA is below 2.75.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
- Current resume through the Ship Admissions portal.
- Personal goals statement, usually one page, single-spaced, explaining your personal and/or professional goals for pursuing the program through the "Program Statement/Questionnaire" link in the Ship Admissions portal.
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- Requisite application fee
The resume and personal goal statement should be submitted via your admissions portal.
If you have any questions, please contact the ODL Director, Dr. Barbara Denison, by calling (717) 477-1735 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.