ODL Public Organizations Concentration
The Public Organization Concentration provides ODL students interested in a career in local, state or federal government settings with the opportunity to develop combined competencies in both leadership and public administration.
Alumni of this concentration have careers in:
- A wide range of public sector agencies
- Organizations that advocate or contract with the public sector
- Policy-related jobs within elected and permanent legislative branches of government
The program is designed for both full and part-time students. This concentration offers courses at both Shippensburg University and Dixon University Center in Harrisburg.
You must meet all requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, including:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. The ODL Admissions Committee may request an interview if an applicant's GPA is below 2.75.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
- Current resume through the Ship Admissions portal.
- Personal goals statement, usually one page, single-spaced, explaining your personal and/or professional goals for pursuing the program through the "Program Statement/Questionnaire" link in the Ship Admissions portal.
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- Requisite application fee
The resume and personal goal statement should be submitted via your admissions portal.
If you have any questions, please contact the ODL Director, Dr. Barbara Denison, by calling (717) 477-1735 or emailing email@example.com.