Become an Orientation Leader
New Student Orientation 2019: April 19th - July 19th
Interested in applying to be an Orientation Leader? Visit the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center in person or online for an application.
- Applications are due by November 5.
- Applicants will participate in one of our carousel processes on either Friday, November 9 or Sunday, November 11.
- Applicants will also go through individual interviews that will take place from November 12 through November 30.
Orientation Leaders are expected to serve as peer educators, group facilitators, resource contacts, and role models to new first-year and transfer students, as well as their families in the adjustment and transition to Shippensburg University. Students will show respect and consideration for all members of the faculty, staff, administration, students, guests, and their property.
To be eligible, each candidate must:
- Uphold the four Pillars of New Student Orientation
- Encompass the core skills of an Orientation Leader
- Public speaking
Orientation Leaders are required to:
- Arrive on campus on May 23 and attend all training sessions from May 23 through May 29.
- Attend all program days from April 19 through July 19.
- Live in on-campus housing throughout training and program. Housing, meals and pay will also be provided.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.2.
- Students will not be able to take courses in the classroom during the first summer term.
- Abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the student handbook, The Swataney.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism. This includes but is not limited to: abstaining from the use of profanity or inappropriate language, and maintaining appropriate boundaries between team members, students, and guests.