Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
Graduate Certificate | Online & In-Class Participation | Complete in 1 year
At Shippensburg University, become part of a rich history of over 140 years in education and professional development for teachers. The graduate certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) is convenient and ideal for working education professionals with the following program benefits:
- Highly interactive 16-credit hour program, consisting of 5 course
- Accelerated format allows for you to complete within 1 year
- Blended-format program with required online and in-class participation
- A cohort-setting that promotes a positive and personalized learning environment
Advantages of the TESL Certificate
- Design programs to effectively plan, instruct, and conduct assessment with K-12 students who are English Language Learners.
- Provide support to English Language Learners by learning the historical aspects of TESL within the U.S. and understand the role of first languages for English Language Learners.
- Apply second language acquisition theories and apply them to the instruction and assessment of English Language Learners.
- Gain new strategies for developing your TESL skills that will help you connect with the English Language Learner, their community and families across the areas of writing, reading, and listening.
Grow your skills to make a major impact in your school district, the lives of students and their families, see complete course information, payment, and registration information below.