How to Apply
Current SU Students
Currently enrolled Shippensburg University undergraduate and graduate students should register for online classes by logging into their MyShip portal (You will use your SU email and password). In your MyShip account, you'll be able to view registration times, dates, and information that will help you successfully register for courses. If you have concerns about academic requirements or prerequisite coursework for a course you would like to take, please view the Undergraduate or Graduate catalogs.
Undergraduate and Graduate students can register for no more than 11 credits per each summer term for a maximum of 22 credits during the summer and no more than 7 credits during the winter term.
- Undergraduates (degree seeking) must have successfully completed 12 credits before registering for an online class and must have a 2.0 GPA before registering for an online class.
- A previously failed course (grade of F) may not be repeated through an online course.
Ship offers educational learning opportunities for individuals who wish to take courses for personal, scholarly, or professional growth, without pursuing a degree (bachelor's, master's or doctorate). For successful enrollment and registration for an online course, non-degree students must:
- Check to see if the class permits non-degree students,
- Have successfully completed the prerequisite coursework for the particular course (View the Undergraduate or Graduate catalogs for details)
- Follow directions and complete Non-degree application
Course Waitlist Sign-up
Unable to get into the class that you want? That's okay. Follow the instructions below to be placed on the waiting list for a winter or summer online course. Please note, the only way a student can sign-up on the waitlist for an online class is through myShip account. Students can not sign-up on the waitlist for a winter or summer online class through the department, college, or the Office of Professional, Continuing, and Distance Education (PCDE).
To be placed on online class waitlist, please follow Banner directions:
- Login to the myShip portal https://my.ship.edu.
- Click on Student
- Click on Register
- Click on Add or Drop a Class
- Select Term - Winter, Summer A or Summer B
- Select or search for the class you would like to register for
- If the class you would like to take is closed, it will be indicated by “C”. Take note of the CRN of that class.
- Manually enter this CRN in the Add Classes Worksheet
- Click on Submit Changes
- In the Action drop-down menu, select Waitlist
- Click on Submit Changes. You must click on the Submit Changes button to successfully submit your waitlist request.
- You will be notified by email if space becomes available in the class and you are being moved from the waitlist in to the class.
Drop / Withdraw a Course
It is a student's responsibility to officially withdraw from a course for which they have registered, whether or not they have ever attended that class. If a student does not attend class and does not officially withdraw, their name will remain on the class roll until the final grading period, they will receive a grade of "F" for the course, and they will be charged for the course. This applies to online and face-to-face classes alike.
Information on the refund and withdraw policies for dropping a course can be found on Student Accounts site.
Students Who Are Registered for 1 Online Course:
Students who are registered for one winter or summer class during winter or summer term can drop this class by completing the Withdraw Request Form.
Students Who Are Registered for 2 Online Courses:
Students who are registered for two winter or summer classes during winter or summer term can drop all but their last class through MyShip account. To drop their last summer class, students should complete the Withdraw Request Form.