Graduate Certificate | 100 % Online
Shippensburg University's graduate certificate in Finance is designed for working professionals with a convenient, fully online program. Taught by expert faculty, the graduate certificate in Finance can help you develop a wide-variety of analytical skills that will help increase your job marketability, further advancement in your current position, or transition into another career within the finance-field.
The program can be completed in one to two years, by taking one to two courses per semester, depending upon students’ schedule and availability. Students interested in pursuing an MBA degree at Shippensburg University can also apply any two of the four finance (FIN) courses toward meeting the MBA elective requirement. Learn more about our award-winning MBA program.
Upon successful completion of Finance graduate certificate, students will have the ability, skills, and knowledge to:
- Make value-creating decisions for a corporation in a business environment
- Analyze the effects of international influences on various aspects of firm’s financial management
- Measure and hedge market risks, liquidity risks, credit risks, and operation risks of a financial institution
- Evaluate different investment instruments and investment strategies to achieve investor’s financial goals
- Discuss and analyze a wide variety of real-world financial situations
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Submit a completed application.
- Have official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts sent to Shippensburg University.
Choose from four of the five courses listed below. For full program and course descriptions, review the Graduate Catalog.
- MBA 529 - Corporate Financial Management Credits: 3
- FIN 512 - Investment Analysis Credits: 3
- FIN 520 - Financial Risk Management Credits: 3
- FIN 525 - Multinational Business Finance Credits: 3
- FIN 533 - Applied Financial Analysis Credits: 3
Note: Students are required to have fundamental accounting knowledge prior to taking the finance courses. Students may fulfill the requirement by taking MBA 502 - Managerial Accounting Credits: 3 or graduating with a bachelor's degree in accounting from an AACSB-accredited school in the last three years. The requirement may also be waived for those who took an equivalent course before.
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tution and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.