Health Care Management
Graduate Certificate | Fully Online
Shippensburg University's Graduate Certificate in Health Care Management (HCM) program is a fully online program ideal for professionals within medical and health care services, or who wish to transition into healthcare, that want an in-depth education and credential in health care management
Gain industry-focused knowledge and learn how to:
- Analyze the complexities of the growing health care field
- Build strategies in the areas of financial management, information technology, health care law, and strategic management
- Improve the quality of care to the community and surrounding service areas
- Optimize efficiency and control costs in an economic sector
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Complete the graduate certificate application
- Submit official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts documenting the earned degree
Admission Fee & Application Information
Please pay $15 admissions fee for applying to the certificate program. Applications must be submitted no later than the completion of 6 credits in the program. A student must earn a minimum 3.0 GPA to be awarded the certificate.
Students are required to have fundamental business knowledge prior to taking the certificate courses. Students may fulfill the requirement by taking the four MBA foundation courses (BSN 510, BSN 511, BSN 512 and BSN 513), or by having completed equivalent undergraduate courses.
- MBA 581 - Health Care Financial Management Credits: 3
- MBA 582 - Health Information Technology Credits: 3
- MBA 583 - Health Care Law Credits: 3
- MBA 584 - Health Care Strategic Management Credits: 3
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tution and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.