Business Analytics Certificate
Whether you are ready to advance your career, start your own business or become a leader within a corporation, Shippensburg University's Business Analytics Certificate can prepare you for achieving your personal and professional goals. This 12-credit graduate certificate program is blended with online and in-class participation. Courses are offered once each calendar year, so you can easily finish in one year.
What Will I Learn?
Hands-on experience in class is key. Students who complete this program will:
- Develop skills in data mining and data visualization
- Be able to search through large data sets and develop predictive models
- Be able to use tools such as spreadsheets, statistical analysis software and databases to manage and analyze large data sets
- Develop skills to enable interaction with other organizational personnel specializing in analytics
- Maximize the use of Excel add-ins and ZLMiner software
What are the requirements for this degree?
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience
- Submit a completed application and have official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts sent to Shippensburg University
There is no admission fee for the certificate program. Applications must be submitted no later than the completion of six credits in the program.
There are four courses required in this 12-credit program. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required to complete the program.
The Graduate Catalog provides details about program requirements.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
Some available careers include:
- General and operations manager
- Administrative services manager
- Industrial production manager
- Transportation manager
- Storage and distribution manager
- Construction manager
- Social and community service manager
- Regulatory affairs manager
- Compliance manager
- Supply chain manager
- Loss prevention manager
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have on Campus?
The John L. Grove College of Business is internationally accredited by the most prestigious business-accrediting agency, AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Small classes allow faculty to work closely with you to develop strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills, which are vitally important in today's business world. Some courses are offered fully online while others are taught in the evening using video conferencing and a hybrid format.