The Department of Psychology recognizes that academic advising is one of many important areas in which faculty can directly influence a student's academic career. An academic advisor in the Department of Psychology not only helps majors become familiar with general education and major requirements but also provides career advisement and referral and helps students deal with personal issues as well as academic and non-academic problems that might affect academic performance. The academic advisor also serves as a mentor in providing information about internships, job opportunities, and scholarships either directly or by referral to the appropriate campus resources. The goal of academic advising is to afford a successful undergraduate experience to students and to provide the skills and background necessary for students to make the transition to the next phase of life, whether it is graduate school, other professional experiences, or work.
Psychology Department Resources
- D2L Virtual Advising Portal - Log in to the Psychology Dept. Undergraduate Advising page for all your virtual advising needs.
Shippensburg University Resources
- Academic Advising Resources and Support
- Learning Center
- Advising Student Athletes
- Academic Success Program
- Academic Improvement Plan
- Office of Undeclared Students
- Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center
- Registrar Forms - Declaring/Change of Major, Graduation, Grade Appeals, Transcripts, etc.