The Department of Recreation offers group fitness classes designed to provide participants with a variety of activity choices. Classes are drop-in, so no sign-up is necessary and all equipment is provided. All classes take place in ShipRec room 107.
*Group Fitness classes will resume in the Fall 2018 semester.
Dance Fitness: Do you want to let loose to upbeat music and get a great workout at the same time? Dance Fitness is a high-energy cardio class that uses Latin and international rhythms for fun, easy-to-follow choreographies. Every routine can be adjusted to your desired intensity level, so you can party and burn a lot of calories without getting sore!
Flexibility & Conditioning: Increase flexibility at your own pace; allowing for better posture, better balance, and an overall healthier lifestyle. This class will also incorporate strengthening exercises for core, arms, and legs to work on strength and control in the body.
Kickbox Cardio: Kickbox Cardio is a complete 60 minute kickboxing, high intensity total body workout. Get ready to burn fat and build lean muscle through the combination of punching, kicking, and aerobic exercises. The cardio element of kickboxing is a heart pumping, high energy workout. Kickboxing involves the use of all muscle groups- including your core, which allows you to get your entire body involved! Modifications of an exercise can be made to accommodate those who need it.
Leg & Butt Burner: This 30 min class is full of intense exercises geared towards toning and tightening up those muscles below the hips. The combination of plyometric exercises as well as strength training is assured to torch fat and build those lean legs you are all looking for!
Yoga: Increase your strength and flexibility with Yoga. Connect breath with movement as you learn basic Yoga postures, all while choosing your level of difficulty. Beginners to advanced students are welcome.
GROUP FITNESS POLICIES
- When pre-registering, participants are asked to adhere to the following procedures: Reserved sports are held ONLY until the start of class. Participants not present at the start of class will lose their spot.
- Participation is at your own risk. Users are responsible for reading and adhering to published policies and posted signs.
- Non-marking shoes are required, and shoes not work outside are preferred. Shoes with heels are not permitted.
- Bags/coats/personal belongings are not permitted in the group fitness room during class. As a safety precaution, all personal belongings should be secured in a locker.
- Class participants must have a valid SU ID, or driver's license accompanied by a membership or punch card, to gain access to the facility.